Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 05:58 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,619,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Then I guess we'll see them there, eh?
Yeah, I hope that the ACC gets 8 bids in because that proves that we're the best and the Least only has quantity over quality (even if they get 8 in themselves). 66 percent's better than 50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 10:48 PM

8,774 posts, read 10,182,725 times
A couple of big ACC games tomorrow. Clemson@FSU, Wake Forest@Virginia, and Duke@Virginia Tech. Also Georgia Tech@UNC, but UNC will most likely win. But regardless, 4 chances for an upset tomorrow. This will be interesting to see who will grab the #1 spot in Atlanta for the ACC tourny. UNC will probably end up getting it, but Duke, Wake, and Clemson should sure make things interesting.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:28 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,334,929 times
FSU takes out Clemson. Not a huge upset, but nonetheless "Another ACC upset". What would be a huge upset is VT beating Duke. I'm not holding my breath.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
FSU takes out Clemson. Not a huge upset, but nonetheless "Another ACC upset". What would be a huge upset is VT beating Duke. I'm not holding my breath.
Man I remember the days when the ACC had 9 teams and it always seemed like like FSU and Clemson would battle it out for last place. Looks like those days are gone.

If VT beats Duke, I wouldn't be surprised. The Hokies have done it before.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:20 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,020,007 times
Quote:
Man I remember the days when the ACC had 9 teams and it always seemed like like FSU and Clemson would battle it out for last place. Looks like those days are gone.

If VT beats Duke, I wouldn't be surprised. The Hokies have done it before.
I was very disappointed in the Hokies, not to mention the officiating! Did you watch it? The officiating was absolutely horrible especially at the end. I really wanted the Hokies to win not because I'm a UNC fan but because I'd love to see the ACC get 9 teams in the NCAA tournament, that would be awesome!

Old 02-28-2009, 08:39 PM

^^ Not much of it, but I wouldn't be surprised by the officiating. I can't see 9 ACC teams going, if that were to happen then one of the bottom-feeders would most definetly have to win the ACC tournament.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:10 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,740,089 times
Quote:
^^ Not much of it, but I wouldn't be surprised by the officiating. I can't see 9 ACC teams going, if that were to happen then one of the bottom-feeders would most definetly have to win the ACC tournament.
UNC, Wake, Clemson, FSU, Duke, Miami, Maryland, Boston College, Virginia Tech....the ACC does have a shot at 9 teams in the post season, but probably one or two of them will stumble and/or go out in the first round of the ACC Tournament. They all have to play each other the last couple of games, and somebody has to lose.

N.C. State actually isn't all that weak...they have 12 losses, but the losses were to quality teams and several of them were by 5 points or less: Davidson, Marquette, Florida, Clemson, FSU, Duke, Boston College, UNC (2), Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, and Maryland. N.C. State has beaten both Miami and Wake Forest.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:13 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,740,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I was very disappointed in the Hokies, not to mention the officiating! Did you watch it? The officiating was absolutely horrible especially at the end. I really wanted the Hokies to win not because I'm a UNC fan but because I'd love to see the ACC get 9 teams in the NCAA tournament, that would be awesome!
They missed the traveling call when Scheyer picked up his pivot foot - twice. But the ref closest to that action was probably waiting and ready to call a foul and honestly missed the walk...and walking by moving your pivot foot is the hardest to catch. So it's understandable.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
UNC, Wake, Clemson, FSU, Duke, Miami, Maryland, Boston College, Virginia Tech....the ACC does have a shot at 9 teams in the post season, but probably one or two of them will stumble and/or go out in the first round of the ACC Tournament. They all have to play each other the last couple of games, and somebody has to lose.

N.C. State actually isn't all that weak...they have 12 losses, but the losses were to quality teams and several of them were by 5 points or less: Davidson, Marquette, Florida, Clemson, FSU, Duke, Boston College, UNC (2), Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, and Maryland. N.C. State has beaten both Miami and Wake Forest.
We should have beaten Florida and VT though. We blew double-digit leads in both those games. But, we are certainly a better team than last year, and we're doing it w/out Hickson, our freshmen have done well and I've been impressed with the play of Jaiver Gonalez.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:12 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,020,007 times
Quote:
We should have beaten Florida and VT though. We blew double-digit leads in both those games. But, we are certainly a better team than last year, and we're doing it w/out Hickson, our freshmen have done well and I've been impressed with the play of Jaiver Gonalez.
Hey 'Canes! Nice win by your NC State Wolfpack tonight!! I'd love to see you guys make a run and make it in the NCAA tournament. Ya'll are playing much better! Cheers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball