Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 04:12 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
It will be interesting for sure but I think L.A.'s the deeper team that present more match-up problems for any team. Kobe can get his fade away off at anytime against LeBron but LeBron can overpower Kobe whenever he feels like it and get him into foul trouble (that's whenever they decide to guard each other). I think Kobe and Bron cancel each other out and I feel that Kobe has a better supporting cast around him.
Outside of Odom, the Lakers have a weak bench. Farmar, Brown,Walton, and Sasha are too inconsistent. At least Odom pulls rebounds even if he has a bad shooting night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 04:14 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
And the Rockets are up 27-12. Go figure.

And Go Rockets.

Amazing! I'm beside myself. This Lakers team is suppose to have a killer instinct like most championship teams. How are they gonna matchup with Denver, much less Cleveland if they can't put a depleted team away. Gotta give credit to the Rockets for a stingy defense and finding the open man. Rox playing with house money on Tuesday now.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:19 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Lot of empty seats at the Rockets Lakers game in Houston this afternoon.
There sure was!

I would think L.A. just decided to bag this game and that they'll be back to business. Losing Yao on top of the other guys sure hurts the Rockets, but they had a hell of a game.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:37 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times
It's no big deal to me. L.A. just pulled a San Antonio here, they'll get back in the swing of things next game, this game's already an afterthought to them. Next game the Rockets will try to duplicate this game by jacking up threes so don't be surprised if L.A. blow out Houston next game just like San Antonio always seem to do coming off a blowout loss. It's all good, really.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:45 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
Kobe couldnt do a thing with Battier tonight. All the defensive prowess they claim he has but I saw NONE of it tonight. THe Lakers went into the gme expecting a cake walk because Yao was down, rude awakening. They do not have the speed to match Houstons small guys and now they HAVE to play small. Should be interesting.

PS - Aside from Kobe and ON OCCASION Gasol, the lakers have no one that can create. GOD would answer my prayers to see them lose to Houston!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Kobe couldnt do a thing with Battier tonight. All the defensive prowess they claim he has but I saw NONE of it tonight. THe Lakers went into the gme expecting a cake walk because Yao was down, rude awakening. They do not have the speed to match Houstons small guys and now they HAVE to play small. Should be interesting.

PS - Aside from Kobe and ON OCCASION Gasol, the lakers have no one that can create. GOD would answer my prayers to see them lose to Houston!
Yeah, you're right about the Lakers viewing that game as cake but the Kobe wasn't the Black Mamba tonight (bad moniker). Kobe's a good defender but he just didn't come to play on the defensive end, he just took ya boy lightly.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:18 PM

795 posts, read 2,409,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
If the tables were turned, I guarantee you we'd see plenty of Nuggets whining just as much about the non-call. Everyone knew (including the refs) that the Mavs had a foul to give and it was obvious they were trying to use it. Maybe they should have been winning by more than 2, but when it comes down to it, they could have easily won that game had the call been made. It's no wonder the coach focused a lot of his internview on that.

The refs even issued a statement afterward admitting they missed the right call, adding insult to injury. It's too bad the refs are once again the center of attention in games like this in the playoffs.

But hey, that's just how basketball goes. Congrats to the Nuggets for playing a tough game and keeping themselves in position to win. I'm sure the Mavs fans will remember this one for a long time.
I know I wouldnt be whinning if my team was down 2-0 and just lost a close home game. I don't think its about tables turned. its about how the Mavs are reacting to being down - they are looking to point the blame. I can see if its a player or two but when the coach of the team cries about the foul for his entire interview you know he's worried about his job. Congrats to dirk for being a stand up guy. Yes, the Mavs got a bad call thrown their way but there's more to their preformance then a single play...

I guess what makes me really upset with whinning about the melo play is that it takes credit away from the Nuggets preformance. Its like the Mav's coach and the other whiners can now excuse their playoff preformance on bad foul calling...

Last edited by D-town 720; 05-10-2009 at 07:27 PM..

Old 05-10-2009, 07:28 PM
JL

You know what is weird about this series now? The Lakers are actually going to have to slow down the pace now. Initially, they wanted to run the Rockets out of gas. Now, w/o Yao, the Lakers are better off playing in the halfcourt game by getting the ball to Pau and Bynum to take advantage of their size. The Rockets, on the other hand, will want to run as much as possible. How ironic.

As far as Kobe, he took Battier lightly, that's all. All i wanted was for the Rockets to make it at least a 6 game series, so anything more is icing on the cake.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:55 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Boston beats Orlando (95-94)
Series: 2-2 tied
Next Game: Tuesday 5/12, 8:00pm on TNT

Old 05-10-2009, 09:02 PM

Orlando got beat by a guy they call "Big Baby?!?" I feel for the Magic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball