Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 02:54 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,527,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Orlando beat LA both times they've met....they could feasibly come out of the east although Cleveland is the favorite.
True. I'd have to check back and see if LA had Bynum in the lineup for those games or not. But I suspect it would be a better matchup now that he's getting healthy. Cleveland looks a bit stronger than Orlando though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 03:52 PM

8,769 posts, read 10,168,898 times
Alright, Mavs and Spurs game 3 tonight from the AAC in the BIG D. Shake off that performance from game 2 and feed off the home crowd and, gosh-darn it let's go!!!!

GO MAVS GO!

Old 04-22-2009, 05:04 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,101,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Alright, Mavs and Spurs game 3 tonight from the AAC in the BIG D. Shake off that performance from game 2 and feed off the home crowd and, gosh-darn it let's go!!!!

GO MAVS GO!
Game 3 is tomorrow...

Old 04-22-2009, 07:37 PM

8,769 posts, read 10,168,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Game 3 is tomorrow...
Oh

Darn, hells kitchen is on tomorrow as well, and so is I believe game 5 of the Canes-Devils series. Great

Anyway, Go Mavs!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:19 PM
JL

8,515 posts, read 14,454,235 times
If the Lakers beat the Cavs, it will be in 6 not 7. I don't see the Lakers winning a game 7 in Cleveland. However, I think the Cavs will win the title though.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,461,254 times
Miami vs Atlanta Series tied 1-1.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:09 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,527,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLang View Post
If the Lakers beat the Cavs, it will be in 6 not 7. I don't see the Lakers winning a game 7 in Cleveland. However, I think the Cavs will win the title though.
I'm not surprised to see so many people thinking the Cavs will win it all this year. Last year, even though the Celtics beat LA twice, most people still picked the Lakers to win it all because they were playing extremely well and rolled over their opponents in the playoffs while the Celtics looked imperfect - and because the Lakers have Kobe Bryant.

This year, the Cavs seem to be playing extremely well and yet, the Lakers beat them twice, handily - and were the only team to beat the Cavs at home. It's the Cavs rolling over their opponents and the Lakers almost blowing big leads in the playoffs - and the Cavs also have the media darling, LeBron James. But people tend to forget about match-ups and how they play a role in a series. They just get caught up in how well a team plays. Ask the Lakers about match-ups in last year's Finals. They didn't match-up well inside with the Celtics without Bynum and it killed them.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:53 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,289,443 times
Los Spurs but the lakers win it every year.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:41 PM

77,676 posts, read 59,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
I'm not surprised to see so many people thinking the Cavs will win it all this year. Last year, even though the Celtics beat LA twice, most people still picked the Lakers to win it all because they were playing extremely well and rolled over their opponents in the playoffs while the Celtics looked imperfect - and because the Lakers have Kobe Bryant.

This year, the Cavs seem to be playing extremely well and yet, the Lakers beat them twice, handily - and were the only team to beat the Cavs at home. It's the Cavs rolling over their opponents and the Lakers almost blowing big leads in the playoffs - and the Cavs also have the media darling, LeBron James. But people tend to forget about match-ups and how they play a role in a series. They just get caught up in how well a team plays. Ask the Lakers about match-ups in last year's Finals. They didn't match-up well inside with the Celtics without Bynum and it killed them.
The Celtics looked imperfect because the east was a lot tougher. If I had to put money down today on one team...it would be LA...but just barely. They Laker hype will grow and grow and they roll easily through the soft west. I would be nervous that they might get caught flat-footed in the finals by facing tough opposition (and defense) again.

The Lakers are better than last year. Gasol has now had time to gel with the team plus Bynum etc. It might be enough to hoist the banner.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:22 PM
JL

8,515 posts, read 14,454,235 times
The health of Ben Wallace in the Finals should they face the Lakers is also key. He is a very good defensive player as well as rebounder. If he is still hurt, Cavs will be in trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball