Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 06:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Yeah, such a cry-baby, b/c Jordan always shook the hands of the Pistons after they beat the Bulls, and Magic & Larry Legend always shook hands after their epic battles were over in the 80s. Only in the last decade has it become custom for NBA teams to congratulate one another after the series is over, I don't want to see the other team congratulate the winner, where's the competitive streak??

The shaking hands thing is ok but you can't leave the building and skip the press conference when you are the face of the franchise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 06:28 PM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Maybe he's the only one who realizes that everyone is tired of hearing excuses about why they always choke.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:30 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLang View Post
Not quite. I think Orlando wins 1 of 2 in LA. Orlando wins 2 of 3 in Orlando to take a 3-2 lead. LA will take two at home again with the 7th game on a last second shot.
I'm not so sure Orlando can win in LA

Old 05-31-2009, 06:36 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
If I analyze the match-ups thoroughly I can see what you mean but my first thoughts are "The Lakers frontcourt will expose Orlando." Okay, since I'm thinking about it I just see Los Angeles bringing the intensity (Kobe, Phil, and Pau aren't about to let this slip). Orlando does have the edge at the 5 but Dwight will have to earn it all, Gasol is better than Lewis at the 4, Hedo is better than Trevor, Kobe's the best on the floor, and Skip will eat Fisher alive. Match-up wise Dwight will not dominate Bynum like he did with that Brazilian flopper Anderson Varejao, I think the Lewis Gasol matchup will be good (I think we'll see a lot of Odom though), Kobe/Ariza will score on and shut down Hedo, Ariza/Kobe will shut down Lee and Pietrus, and Rafer will be solid but so will Derek.
Good comments in general. I would take issue that Orlando has "the edge" at the center position....you are talking about a guy that is averaging >20pts and 15rebs give or take. Bynum hasn't looked so hot either and Cleveland had 2-3 guys soaking up fouls from Howard. The guy just closed out the series against cleveland with a 40pt. game on 16 shots....people continue to grossly underestimate here. P.S. You didnt mention turkoglu.

With that said, LA has a good squad and has finals experience...lets see how Orlando handles that.

Also, Orlando took care of LA in the regular season....Im just not sure whats going to happen.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good comments in general. I would take issue that Orlando has "the edge" at the center position....you are talking about a guy that is averaging >20pts and 15rebs give or take. Bynum hasn't looked so hot either and Cleveland had 2-3 guys soaking up fouls from Howard. The guy just closed out the series against cleveland with a 40pt. game on 16 shots....people continue to grossly underestimate here. P.S. You didnt mention turkoglu.

With that said, LA has a good squad and has finals experience...lets see how Orlando handles that.

Also, Orlando took care of LA in the regular season....Im just not sure whats going to happen.

What happens in the regular season means nothing

Old 05-31-2009, 07:14 PM

69 posts, read 223,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
WWE is NOT a sport. its entertainment. WWE is NOT a SPORT
WWE has never billed itself as SPORTS. It is SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT.

I love Denver, but am glad to see the Nuggets got their due!

GO LAKERS!!!!!

Old 05-31-2009, 07:26 PM

521 posts, read 1,628,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
He's a human being, how dare he be showing emotions have losing! Give it a rest dude. He's accomplished more at the age of 24 then you will in a lifetime.
This is such a stupid comment that goes nothing into the original post, I feel like I have to come out of City-Data retirement just for this (havent posted in months).
If by accomplishing you solely mean money, or in the world of basketball, then yes, he as accomplished more than me, or others, at 24.
But accomplishments mean alot more than just money to many. I, by 24, already had a college degree and starting law school. More than LeBraud can ever say. Many others were similarly situated., and you cant pull that argument since we are not basketball players. So take that **** somewhere else.

Nevertheless, that still doesn't explain his pathetic sportsmanship, or lack thereof.

Last edited by wesside; 05-31-2009 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Default LeBron happy in Cleveland despite playoff loss

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) -- LeBron James finally talked about not making the NBA Finals, and insists Cleveland's loss to Orlando will not impact his future with the Cavaliers.

James stormed out of Amway Arena without speaking to the media Saturday night after the Cavs were eliminated with a 103-90 loss to the Magic in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals. The league MVP, who also did not shake hands with Olympic teammate Dwight Howard or congratulate any Orlando players as he left the floor, said Sunday that he's happy in Cleveland and feels the Cavs made major progress this season.

"I'm great. I feel great about this situation that's going on," James said. "You want to continue to get better, that's all you can ask. We got better and I feel this team will be better next season. You don't want to take a step backward. I think we went forward from the Boston series [a Game 7 loss in the semis] last year."

NBA.com: LeBron happy in Cleveland despite playoff loss

Old 05-31-2009, 07:57 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,030,601 times
This is what I have learned from life: You can't win them all. No one does. If he's smart he'll start practicing earlier next year.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:02 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Default Ratings up for Magic-Cavaliers series on TNT

(AP) -- Orlando's Eastern Conference championship-clinching victory over Cleveland drew more than 8.3 million viewers, capping a strong series for TNT.

The network averaged 8.6 million viewers for the six-game series, a 37 percent increase over its 2008 conference finals coverage. TNT showed the West finals last year, drawing about 6.3 million per game for the Lakers' victory over San Antonio.

NBA.com: Ratings up for Magic-Cavaliers series on TNT

Let's all thank LeBron for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball