Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:09 PM

894 posts, read 2,381,526 times

Advertisements

i really lost respect for him; the man talks way too much trash;

its like after he needed 2 superstars to help him to get out of the 1st round and win a championship every time they showed him on the bench he talked trash and was doing those messed up facial and hand gestures...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 08:59 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
When a man badmouths the other team then you can hate him. When a man is so freaking pumped up on adrenalin and loves his sport more then he loves breathing then you can not put him down.

I never heard of KG badmouthing anyone.

I dont feel he is to the Celtics what ball hogs Labron and Kobe are to their teams. But as a team I feel the Celtics act that way. And I have loved the Celtics for just about 30 years now.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:05 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post

its like after he needed 2 superstars to help him to get out of the 1st round and win a championship every time they showed him on the bench he talked trash and was doing those messed up facial and hand gestures...
This entire post makes no sense.

Your use of the english language is amateur.

He needed 2 superstars to help him to get out of the first round and win a championship? If you're referring to last year, then he WAS one of the superstars and it was Pierce who needed two superstars (KG and Allen).

"messed up facial and hand gestures"? What does that even mean? Is that your definition of 'talking trash'? Did he cuss out the other players with ASL? He is, without a doubt, an abnormally passionate guy but I am sure after reading this he will rethink his offensive expressions.

......And you are aware he isn't playing, right?

EDIT: I just noticed your name is CHImack.

Sorry 'bout the cows, sweetheart.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:09 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
He needed 2 superstars to help him to get out of the first round and win a championship? If you're referring to last year, then he WAS one of the superstars and it was Pierce who needed two superstars (KG and Allen).
OK that obviously makes no sense. You could say it about Pierce or KG, not just one or the other. KG was alone in Minn, they didn't get a ring, Pierce was alone in Boston, they didn't get a ring.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:54 PM

1,859 posts, read 5,027,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

I dont feel he is to the Celtics what ball hogs Labron and Kobe are to their teams. But as a team I feel the Celtics act that way. And I have loved the Celtics for just about 30 years now.
That's funny now, Lebron was only 9th in the league in assists this year and makes some fabulous passes every game, but you're right, he's a ball hog ; he can't help that he's the MVP and league's best player, I have no problem w/him taking 20 shots a game as he averaged this season.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:41 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
When a man badmouths the other team then you can hate him. When a man is so freaking pumped up on adrenalin and loves his sport more then he loves breathing then you can not put him down.

Ballhog Lebron?
What is your definition of Ballhog? Mine are not passing and having a low shooting percentage, neither of which apply to Lebron.

Look at someone like Ben Gordon or Allen Iverson if you are confused.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:02 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,544,666 times
Quote:

I wouldn't agree with the original poster. KG represents the NBA well. I want a player on my team that is as passionate as he is. He is exactly what the Celtics need at that position. Comparing KG to Kobe and LeBron is apples and oranges.

You can't call LeBron and Kobe ball hogs without sounding biased - and if you do, you'd also have to add Jordan to that list. Just because they score a lot doesn't simply mean they are ball hogs. Kobe has been upping his assist numbers more and more as the talent around him builds - not to mention he's what they call a "shooting guard". And LeBron has always had good assist numbers for as much as he scores - amazing numbers for a small forward. They both are exactly what their teams need... great scorers that defend well.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:50 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
EDIT: I just noticed your name is CHImack.
Chicago sports fans don't feel like that- just this guy (CHImack). KG has always been a favorite player of mine even if he does trash talk- I mean what can you do it's part of every sport. I did however have a problem with rumors floating around saying that KG would be playing in game 7. Basically that would have been an insult to fans of KG and both teams because he and Celtics were basically taking the Bulls for granted and the bulls almost bit them in the ass. All in all the Bulls had a better season than most had projected and I'm just happy that the young Bulls were able to bring back fun to the sport even if they lost the series. With the right moves (Chris Bosh) the Bulls should advance further in the playoffs next year

Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
Yeah he does

Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Boston gets no title without KG. It's that simple. No offense to the other Celtic big men. Jump shooting can't carry a team even if Allen is in another universe shooting wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball