Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 07:38 AM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well it came out today that they didn't chase him because of his "I;m only 85%" statement during the playoffs. Usually when someone is 85% they play
It is all bullsh1t. At that situation, I wouldn't play after seeing Rose came back for 2 or 3 games then out for the rest of the season. He will be a free agent.

And, no, even if Lin was 100%, they will not able to turn that around. You are talking about 1 man (Melo) vs the whole Heats.

If you have watch the game, I know you had, once Anthony had the ball, everyone just stood outside.

One thing most of you must have forgotten, Lin is the most exciting thing for the Knicks since 1999. That's almost 15 years. Now, they decided, they want the Knicks to be dead again.

Does the Knicks really think that the three 40s years old will bring them the champions. That the older players will able to take Heat's young and powerful James/Wade/Bosh? That Novak can take Allen/Miller?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 02:37 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
It is all bullsh1t. At that situation, I wouldn't play after seeing Rose came back for 2 or 3 games then out for the rest of the season. He will be a free agent.

And, no, even if Lin was 100%, they will not able to turn that around. You are talking about 1 man (Melo) vs the whole Heats.

If you have watch the game, I know you had, once Anthony had the ball, everyone just stood outside.

One thing most of you must have forgotten, Lin is the most exciting thing for the Knicks since 1999. That's almost 15 years. Now, they decided, they want the Knicks to be dead again.

Does the Knicks really think that the three 40s years old will bring them the champions. That the older players will able to take Heat's young and powerful James/Wade/Bosh? That Novak can take Allen/Miller?

The Jason Kidd signing was STUPID to me. Especially since it was before they signed Lin

Old 07-18-2012, 02:52 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Don't get mad at the Knicks, get mad at LIN for being so HIGH and MIGHTY and entertaining other offers when he has not played a full season yet. The Knicks are not going to OVER PAY for him like he is a ALL-STAR
And there is absolutely no reason for Lin to turn down millions. Knicks management created this mess for self. Rockets believe he is worth it. That team is happy, Lin is happy, and it sounds like sour grapes to Knicks management and fans.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And there is absolutely no reason for Lin to turn down millions. Knicks management created this mess for self. Rockets believe he is worth it. That team is happy, Lin is happy, and it sounds like sour grapes to Knicks management and fans.

Well Lin will be in for a HUGE SURPRISE next season since he is the Rockets MAIN player. I can't wait

Old 07-18-2012, 04:14 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Well Lin will be in for a HUGE SURPRISE next season since he is the Rockets MAIN player. I can't wait
I tend to agree. Don't think he will be a bust - but the west is point guard heavy - Westbrook, Parker, Nash, Paul. Rockets gutted themselves in the Howard sweepstakes so they don't have the resources that the Knicks do.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:16 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I tend to agree. Don't think he will be a bust - but the west is point guard heavy - Westbrook, Parker, Nash, Paul. Rockets gutted themselves in the Howard sweepstakes so they don't have the resources that the Knicks do.
Exactly, that retard is now in a tougher division and conference and will not succeed

Old 07-18-2012, 04:31 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Time will tell if Lin develops into a really good player. He's smart and hard-working. Seems like a good guy, and the NBA could always benefit from these types of players. In thinking about it some more, any player is worth what a team is willing to pay. Kudos to Lin. I wish him the best. Hopefully, he doesn't get hurt, and the rest of the players are not particularly malicious towards him because of his contract.

About the Knicks, I have never been a fan of that team. I don't think they are making the proper moves. They seem to need a completely different philosophy and approach to the game. Plus, Carmelo needs the ball too much.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:13 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Nothing better can happen to a young player trying to establish self, than to be given the responsibility. It is why I feel, Kidd signing with Knicks was a blessing for Dallas. Those 28-30 minutes should be given to youngsters who are the future.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:23 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Nothing better can happen to a young player trying to establish self, than to be given the responsibility. It is why I feel, Kidd signing with Knicks was a blessing for Dallas. Those 28-30 minutes should be given to youngsters who are the future.

Lin is in a tougher division and conference and it will show. I;m going to be laughing so hard

Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 AM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Quote:
Lin is in a tougher division and conference and it will show. I;m going to be laughing so hard
What's there to laugh? I personally like to play against better players than player that I am sure I can beat. That's how I improved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball