U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-01-2010, 10:13 AM

59 posts, read 94,996 times

Advertisements

Scottie Pippen went to a small school and he will be a HOF...so small school doesnt mean anything......
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 PM

5,208 posts, read 3,116,987 times
Dennis is a HOF

Old 04-25-2010, 12:05 PM

1,992 posts, read 5,249,787 times
Should Ben Wallace be in the HOF? No?

Neither should Dennis Rodman.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 PM

8,126 posts, read 8,443,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Should Ben Wallace be in the HOF? No?

Neither should Dennis Rodman.
Rodman dominated in his time. Wallace has not. The times are different and I know we went over comparative stats but he will make the hall.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:16 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,598,331 times
HOF is a polluted system so why change now. Yes!

Old 04-27-2010, 08:50 PM

1,992 posts, read 5,249,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet7
Rodman dominated in his time. Wallace has not. The times are different and I know we went over comparative stats but he will make the hall.
"Dominated" What? Crashing the boards? Yes, that's it! If a one dimentional player like him, ever gets in the HOF, then I will never watch basketball again. The only way he should be allowed in the HOF, is if only he is visiting.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
"Dominated" What? Crashing the boards? Yes, that's it! If a one dimentional player like him, ever gets in the HOF, then I will never watch basketball again. The only way he should be allowed in the HOF, is if only he is visiting.
There are lots of players that are "Role Players" that dominate in one stat that get in. The thing is that Rodman made a difference because it led to titles. He wont be unanimous and his off court antics will keep some people from voting for him but he will make it in.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:45 PM

30,914 posts, read 19,169,755 times
Quote:
2 time defensive player of the year
10 time all defensive team
Key part of 5 championship teams that quite frankly, won their championships based upon defense.

I wouldn't call rebounding and Defense 1-dimensional, especially since you can point to guys that have or will make the HOF despite being purely offensive and a defensive liability. (Steve Nash)

As such, he is a coin-flip to make the HOF while Nash is a slam dunk (due to his MVP's) but just pointing out that he was one of the best defensive players of his era and people that overlook that should think back to what won all championships and still does.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:13 PM

491 posts, read 443,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
2 time defensive player of the year
10 time all defensive team
Key part of 5 championship teams that quite frankly, won their championships based upon defense.

I wouldn't call rebounding and Defense 1-dimensional, especially since you can point to guys that have or will make the HOF despite being purely offensive and a defensive liability. (Steve Nash)

As such, he is a coin-flip to make the HOF while Nash is a slam dunk (due to his MVP's) but just pointing out that he was one of the best defensive players of his era and people that overlook that should think back to what won all championships and still does.
Was he ever one of the best 5 players in the NBA though? Even though Steve Nash may not have deserved one or both of the MVPs he was defintly one of the best 5 players in the NBA. not sure I can say that about Rodman.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer84 View Post
Was he ever one of the best 5 players in the NBA though? Even though Steve Nash may not have deserved one or both of the MVPs he was defintly one of the best 5 players in the NBA. not sure I can say that about Rodman.
If you are using the theory that you have to be one of the 5 best players to get in,then you are crazy. Not in any of the 4 major sports is it ever a requirement to get in or even near it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball