Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:32 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,448,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz View Post
If Lebron did play with Wade in New York, or even in Miami for that matter, would there be a clash of egos?
Could happen. I was reading earlier that even with all the dealing, the Knicks still would not have enough cap room for 2 max contracts unless Eddy Curry decided that he did not like making eight didgits per year doing next to nothing.

T-mac was a 43% shooter when healthy, so I don't see him contributing much, much less on a consistent basis from here on out.

Knicksfan would be wise to scale back the party over the "allure of NYC" a I have read elsewhere and have a backup plan to sign several solid players in the ~$5 million range or so. They still have to deal with the fact that Miami and Cleveland can still pay James and Wade more than NYK can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 07:50 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,078,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Could happen. I was reading earlier that even with all the dealing, the Knicks still would not have enough cap room for 2 max contracts unless Eddy Curry decided that he did not like making eight didgits per year doing next to nothing.

T-mac was a 43% shooter when healthy, so I don't see him contributing much, much less on a consistent basis from here on out.

Knicksfan would be wise to scale back the party over the "allure of NYC" a I have read elsewhere and have a backup plan to sign several solid players in the ~$5 million range or so. They still have to deal with the fact that Miami and Cleveland can still pay James and Wade more than NYK can.
I don't know where you read this. In the upcoming year NY has a little over $18 million commited to payroll.Every team in the league besides them has more money committed to the upcoming years salary.So saying that Miami or Cleveland have more money is wrong!Eddy Curry might be easier to get rid of this offseason anyway due to his expiring contract after next year but if not,they still have the most money to spend. Who they will get though,I can't say for certain.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:44 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,776,020 times
My only criticism of McGrady is that he injury prone. I can't recall a HEALTHY season after 2000

Old 02-20-2010, 03:06 PM
JL

8,515 posts, read 14,454,235 times
If Lebron wins a title, i don't see him leaving the Cavs at all. Also, getting two superstars to play on one team sounds cool, but i would suspect convincing both to do it is a more difficult reality even if the $ was there.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
If Lebron wins a title, i don't see him leaving the Cavs at all. Also, getting two superstars to play on one team sounds cool, but i would suspect convincing both to do it is a more difficult reality even if the $ was there.
I agree about it,if he wins with Cleveland but getting 2 guys to play together in one place is actually just as easy as getting 1.Do you think that these guys don't talk in the offseason? Most want championships now. So don't be surprised if Lebron and Bosh and Wade are all agreed on places to go to share in championships no matter where it is. So if you get 2 guys that want get paid the max and want to play together, there are very few destinations but NY is one of them.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:57 PM

Got to say McGrady looked real good tonight. If he was the supporting cast for Lebron and Bosh,that would be one hell of a team.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:59 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,776,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Got to say McGrady looked real good tonight. If he was the supporting cast for Lebron and Bosh,that would be one hell of a team.

David Lee is not supposed to have more points than Tracy McGrady

Old 02-20-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If you watched the game Dantoni was putting him in and taking him out 5 minutes at a time while Lee played alot of the game and got alot of tipins and layups. Lee is also very underrated and is good for a double double a game.McGrady is pretty much coming back from injury and will be worked into the system properly.If you notice he also shot over 50% for FG's and there was alot of passing by all guys as they tried to feel out their new teammates. This was a hell of alot better then Jamison's first game!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:04 PM
JL

8,515 posts, read 14,454,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Why not? David Lee is a beast. He was the best kept secret for a while and will be a star soon. I wish the Rockets could've gotten him in the trade for T-Mac.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,928,877 times
Wow. Who would've thought the Thunder would be on an 8 game win-streak right now? Kevin Durant is really coming on strong this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball