Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:10 PM

39 posts, read 49,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post

P.S. There is no way anyone can talk Kentucky and Rupp ahead of UCLA and Wooden, NO WAY!! Wooden and UCLA are the legite #1. And I am NOT a UCLA fan, I don't even like them but a spade is a spade. Cheers...
Really? No way? Did you miss my post above?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 12:58 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,580,196 times
I don't understand why someone from tejas would have such love for Kentucky BB. I could guess, but I won't. There alot of things I don't understand about texans... LOL

I love the part about "the only thing they have on Kentucky is championships"

You sound like a Longhorn fan with that one. LOL.

And fUCLA also leads UK in Final Four wins, Final Four Appearances, and Tournament winning percentage. Those, along with the Championships are pretty big.

FWIW, I can't stand either school.

RE the OP. Don't feel bad, my team didn't even make the NIT and also had their worst season in over 30 years. ouch.

They did have a big win in the Sweet Sixteen last year against a very good Syracuse squad though.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:03 PM

39 posts, read 49,247 times
I live in Tejas, but I am from Kentucky.

with the exception of 1995, every UCLA championship came within a 12 year period. So yes, you can state that from '63 to '75 they were the best program.

But to say they are the greatest program of all time, just simply isn't true.

Last edited by m4ff3w; 03-26-2010 at 02:38 PM..

Old 03-26-2010, 03:00 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,960,583 times
This thread got offtopic.

I would like to talk about the OP abandoning his team. What a ****ing joke.

First, you have to remember that these player's are still kids. They are not professionals yet. They are amateurs learning the game.

Syracuse has a great basketball program and has won a National Title in the last decade. There are plenty of schools that have never even made the Final Four much less won a title.

Your team lost in the Sweet Sixteen. It happens. My Jayhawks choked in the 2nd round. But, I am not abandoning my team.

In the NCAA tournament, it is one and done so anything can happen and as I said before, these players are still kids.

If you are abandoning your team for a loss, you have no business being a sports fan. When you support a team, you support them until you die.

I love how you said that Boeheim has only won 1 title. It's a frickin' National title. There are over 300 teams in Division I. To have a title at all is a big accomplishment. There are a lot of great programs that havent even sniffed a title.

Get over it and quit cryin'. It sounds like Syracuse is better off with you as a fan anyway.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:37 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,020,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ff3w View Post
Really? No way? Did you miss my post above?
No, I did not miss your post. I just disagree with it 110%. It's all good. Cheers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball