Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 08:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
GO SPURS GO!

eduardo e was sent in for no reaon other then to try to hurt someone. a b**ch move my rick c.

no flagrant on blair, MAYBE on jefferson but not on blair. that was just the refs trying to get things in control.

Najera-"THE GOON"

LOLK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 05:44 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
What a dissapointment, another opportunity slipping away.

That seems to be what the Mavs are good at, unfortunately. They continually disappoint, year after year.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:30 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,026,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
One difference is that just like last year the Magic have even more weapons to use and the Cavs kinda have the same weapon....without Lebron the Cavs are gonna lose no matter if Shaq is there or not.
How do the Magic have "more weapons" to use than last year? They lost their most clutch player in Turkgolu and replaced him w/Vince Carter - who when aggressive is a tough player, however, he tends to fall in love w/his 20 foot jumpers often, and becomes just average and is much easier to handle. And they replaced Courtney Lee - who was a solid contributor - w/Matt Barnes, about a fair trade off as Barnes makes up for what he lacks on offense w/his defense.

Meanwhile, the Cavaliers have not only added Shaq which should alleviate the need to double D. Howard all the time which is what killed the Cavs last season, but the addition of Jamison mid-season who can hold his own against Rashard Lewis is huge. Not to mention they have Jamario Moon off the bench and Anthony Parker who can hit the outside shot as well. The key to that potential series though will be the point guard battle IMO; if Jameer Nelson continues to play at the level he has lately (tore the Bobcats up on Saturday from downtown), Mo Williams is going to have to really step his game up.

And your last statement is kind of obvious, that's like saying w/out Dwight Howard the Magic are gonna lose no matter if Vince Carter is there or not - no kidding that Lebron is vital to their success! What star player isn't vital to their team's success!?

Old 04-26-2010, 07:32 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
That seems to be what the Mavs are good at, unfortunately. They continually disappoint, year after year.
Yes - as a kid, I watched eagerly as Don Carter and Norm Sonju pulled the name "Mavericks" out of Carter's cowboy hat, and I was hooked. 30 years later, I'm getting tired...

Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
How do the Magic have "more weapons" to use than last year? They lost their most clutch player in Turkgolu and replaced him w/Vince Carter - who when aggressive is a tough player, however, he tends to fall in love w/his 20 foot jumpers often, and becomes just average and is much easier to handle. And they replaced Courtney Lee - who was a solid contributor - w/Matt Barnes, about a fair trade off as Barnes makes up for what he lacks on offense w/his defense.

Meanwhile, the Cavaliers have not only added Shaq which should alleviate the need to double D. Howard all the time which is what killed the Cavs last season, but the addition of Jamison mid-season who can hold his own against Rashard Lewis is huge. Not to mention they have Jamario Moon off the bench and Anthony Parker who can hit the outside shot as well. The key to that potential series though will be the point guard battle IMO; if Jameer Nelson continues to play at the level he has lately (tore the Bobcats up on Saturday from downtown), Mo Williams is going to have to really step his game up.

And your last statement is kind of obvious, that's like saying w/out Dwight Howard the Magic are gonna lose no matter if Vince Carter is there or not - no kidding that Lebron is vital to their success! What star player isn't vital to their team's success!?

3 Point shooting and Jameer Nelson is what I'm speaking of with the Magic being better than last year. Other than those 2 factors the Magic are basically the same.....Vince Carter is not the specific...reason for the Magic's success this year...In Vince Carter we have a creative offensive option though. Also Jameer Nelson wasn't even in the playoffs last year when it counted due to injury....If you look at the 3 pt shooting of the Magic there are 8 players who shoot at least 35-40 percent 3 pointers constantly.....

The Cavs are a good team no doubt about that, but I'm not sold on Jamison on the Cavs as being consistently good...and Shaq is Shaq you never know when he'll have a good game...Jamario Moon is great though...I like him a lot after watching him with Toronto and Miami...I personally don't see the Cavs winning a series against the Magic though...we'll see

Old 04-26-2010, 04:33 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
This year's playoffs are looking very exciting! I remember in the early 00s when the Lakers won 3 straight titles and rarely lost a game in any series. Having competitive series even in the first round is great for the NBA

I've got the Cavaliers over Celtics 4-2 and then over the Magic 4-3. In the West I've got the Lakers over the Jazz 4-3 and San Antonio over Portland (or Phoenix) 4-2. I've got the Spurs over the Lakers 4-3

Old 04-26-2010, 04:50 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,101 times
I don't know about you guys, but I find Utah to be the most surprising and exciting team. I'm hoping they go far, seeing as my Lakers look ill-fated right now.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
This year's playoffs are looking very exciting! I remember in the early 00s when the Lakers won 3 straight titles and rarely lost a game in any series. Having competitive series even in the first round is great for the NBA

I've got the Cavaliers over Celtics 4-2 and then over the Magic 4-3. In the West I've got the Lakers over the Jazz 4-3 and San Antonio over Portland (or Phoenix) 4-2. I've got the Spurs over the Lakers 4-3
i like the way you think lol.

spurs over cavs 4-3

Old 04-26-2010, 08:56 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,175,378 times
The Spurs would never beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. They don't really match up at all.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:56 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Me too ...Milwaukee is a boring team to watch.
Do you still hold that opinion after the last two games in Milwaukee? Boring b/c it's a team of role players or from an excitement viewpoint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball