U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-15-2010, 09:23 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,597,600 times
Looks like we're gonna have a G7. I'm not at all surprised. The Lakers bench just simply played harder. I hope Perkins will be good for Thurs nite. Last thing Boston needs is a key player being injured before the last game of the finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM

28,904 posts, read 16,895,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Boston clearly didn't come to play tonight, tonight's their best chance to win because I don't see them winning a game 7 in LA.
Any game with these guys is going to be a contest going in. Lakers are expending a lot of energy.

My guess is 60/40 in favor of Lakers for game 7.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:29 PM

3,620 posts, read 2,532,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow. That's hillarious, did they even let you watch the last game?

Now beat it kid.

Nah, what's hilarious is that I am correct because you see Boston isn't getting help tonight baby...I'm gonna be laughing all the way to game 7

Old 06-15-2010, 09:31 PM
JL

6,287 posts, read 6,319,932 times
I didn't want either team to make the finals, but this has turned out to be a classic series! Game 7 could come down to some heroic shot!

Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 PM
FBJ

32,732 posts, read 21,180,180 times
Game 7 will be THE BRAWL FOR IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:23 PM

207 posts, read 184,427 times
Its amazing what a home crowd can do in a game 6/7. It really energized the Lakers and should for game 7 as well. BACK TO BACK is looking within reach!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,993,064 times
The Lakers CHRUSHED the C's last night. Game 7 is shaping up to be a classic game. Man, what a treat this has been!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,032 posts, read 3,728,128 times
GOD that was a painful game to watch! Game 7 will hopefully look different! Painful Painful Painful Could not belive what I was seeing!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:01 AM

79 posts, read 140,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
GOD that was a painful game to watch! Game 7 will hopefully look different! Painful Painful Painful Could not belive what I was seeing!
Why not..believe it!!! Celtics had there home court to get by in games 4&5 which the lakers were able to keep within striking distance. Celtics will get blown out in game 7 with lakers backed by there homecourt. You can't have a team with such inconsistent play win a championship.

Recipe for failure-Inconsistency:
  • Ray Allen showing up in game 2 hitting all those 3's...Luck..never did it before in the playoffs and never will again.
  • Shrek and Donkey show...Entertaining momentum shifter to help win game 4 at boston..however only a one show drooly performance..sorry no sequel.
  • Rondo...over hyped throughout the playoffs. When it comes down to true pressure, the dude gets benched quite a bit for poor decisions. Nobody on the lakers respect him enough to guard him...He might as well warm the bench more.
  • Garnett...True hero/top dog on the celtics. Dudes a true warrior and doesn't whine like all the other guys on the team do. I have nothing but mad respect for the guy. He's really the only reason celtics made it back to the finals and should have gotten the MVP in 2008 if it weren't for Pierces wheel chair game winning performance.
  • As for Pierce, I think you all know what the Truth really is.....

Payback for 2008 when lakers didnt have Bynum. Boston fans have a good weekend.... summer...decade actually while you hold on to the memory of this lameduck celtic team that could not create a new dynasty for Boston

Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 AM

3,620 posts, read 2,532,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosa View Post
Why not..believe it!!! Celtics had there home court to get by in games 4&5 which the lakers were able to keep within striking distance. Celtics will get blown out in game 7 with lakers backed by there homecourt. You can't have a team with such inconsistent play win a championship.

Recipe for failure-Inconsistency:
  • Ray Allen showing up in game 2 hitting all those 3's...Luck..never did it before in the playoffs and never will again.
  • Shrek and Donkey show...Entertaining momentum shifter to help win game 4 at boston..however only a one show drooly performance..sorry no sequel.
  • Rondo...over hyped throughout the playoffs. When it comes down to true pressure, the dude gets benched quite a bit for poor decisions. Nobody on the lakers respect him enough to guard him...He might as well warm the bench more.
  • Garnett...True hero/top dog on the celtics. Dudes a true warrior and doesn't whine like all the other guys on the team do. I have nothing but mad respect for the guy. He's really the only reason celtics made it back to the finals and should have gotten the MVP in 2008 if it weren't for Pierces wheel chair game winning performance.
  • As for Pierce, I think you all know what the Truth really is.....

Payback for 2008 when lakers didnt have Bynum. Boston fans have a good weekend.... summer...decade actually while you hold on to the memory of this lameduck celtic team that could not create a new dynasty for Boston

I like your style man, but what you said was also the real 'TRUTH' as well....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball