Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,404,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Yeah but they aren't a one man team. Besides Lebron, the team has Shaq, Antwan Jamison, and Mo Williams. A good bench with key players like Delonte West, Andy V, and JJ Hickson. And other good role players like Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon. Plus Lebron Imo, when healthy, is better than all four of those guys combined at this point in his and their careers.
In my opinion the only legit second man for the Cavs is Jamison. Shaq's wheels have fallen off and Mo Williams is borderline decent. The only player on the Cavs that would start on the Celtics is Lebron.

He is better than all four of the Celt's players...but he is only one man and he can't defend all of them at once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 05:05 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,630,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
In my opinion the only legit second man for the Cavs is Jamison. Shaq's wheels have fallen off and Mo Williams is borderline decent. The only player on the Cavs that would start on the Celtics is Lebron.

He is better than all four of the Celt's players...but he is only one man and he can't defend all of them at once.
Yeah but the Celtics best players are very inconsistent too. The most consistent person on their team at this point is Rondo. But I agree for the most part that the Celts have a better starting 5. Now bench wise, Im going with the Cavs there. Still the Celtics are on the downside, and really so are the Cavs. Shaq will probably be gone, Z will probably be gone, and Jamison is getting pretty old tho he still plays pretty well. Cavs are going to have to find a way to trade for a younger star big man, or another really good scorer at least. Same with the Celtics, The Big Three are all getting up there in age. And now that I think of it the Magic aren't very young either. The Hawks are the only elite East team with a young core. Should be interesting. But these playoffs are far from over, and I can still see the Cavs winning it all.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:12 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,834,422 times
Quote:
Yeah but the Celtics best players are very inconsistent too. The most consistent person on their team at this point is Rondo. But I agree for the most part that the Celts have a better starting 5. Now bench wise, Im going with the Cavs there. Still the Celtics are on the downside, and really so are the Cavs. Shaq will probably be gone, Z will probably be gone, and Jamison is getting pretty old tho he still plays pretty well. Cavs are going to have to find a way to trade for a younger star big man, or another really good scorer at least. Same with the Celtics, The Big Three are all getting up there in age. And now that I think of it the Magic aren't very young either. The Hawks are the only elite East team with a young core. Should be interesting. But these playoffs are far from over, and I can still see the Cavs winning it all.

Orlando may have something to say about that

Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Orlando may have something to say about that
ya think? Its anybody's too win. I just hope its the Cavs.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,853,282 times
Quite frankly, the Celtics should be up 2-0 in this series and I think Brown knows that the game 1 collapse by the Celtics was a gift. Watching the 3rd and 4th quarters of game 2, IMO, the Cavs looked like they were just going through the motions, except for the one run to cut the lead to 10.

The Cavs know this is the Playoffs, right? Ask the Washington Capitals about thinking you can just show up and win!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,977,249 times
Quote:
Yeah but they aren't a one man team. Besides Lebron, the team has Shaq, Antwan Jamison, and Mo Williams. A good bench with key players like Delonte West, Andy V, and JJ Hickson. And other good role players like Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon. Plus Lebron Imo, when healthy, is better than all four of those guys combined at this point in his and their careers.
Lebron is better than Rondo, Pierce, Garnett and Allen combined? Combined? Really? Guess we know not to listen to any more of your points.

BTW, Lebron is getting another MRI on the royal elbow today.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Lebron is better than Rondo, Pierce, Garnett and Allen combined? Combined? Really? Guess we know not to listen to any more of your points.

BTW, Lebron is getting another MRI on the royal elbow today.
Ok maybe I was going a little bit overboard with him being better than all 4 of them combined lol, still the Cavs were much better than the Celtics during the regular season. They were the favorite for alot of people to win the championship. Now they are just throwing all that all away against a team that went .500 in the second half of the season. The Celts are just better when it comes to the playoffs.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:35 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,143,135 times
Looks like ol' Mr. Potato Head's little pep talk did the trick. The Cavs made the Celtics look like a second rate college team today.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:08 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,834,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Looks like ol' Mr. Potato Head's little pep talk did the trick. The Cavs made the Celtics look like a second rate college team today.

I don't know what was more shocking last night,

The Spurs being down 3-0 or the Celtics getting blown out

Old 05-08-2010, 04:03 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,143,135 times
The Spurs. How could they play so well against Dallas and so sub-par against Phoenix?

I knew the Cavs would come out swinging. They always do when they blow the previous game. And, let's face it, the Cavs are clearly the better overall team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball