U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 09:17 AM

530 posts, read 2,591,682 times

Advertisements

Some random thoughts/observations:

-Can't help wondering if something mental was going on the last 2 games with Lebron. After Boston tied the series at 2, did he just check out? He was so bad in Game 5 and so un-Lebron like in Game 6, despite a triple/double. Either his elbow is seriously messed up, or he checked out at some point in Game 5 and said "I'm done with Cleveland".

-In hindsight, the Cavs didn't do much to help him stay. Why on earth did they pick up Shaq last season? He is horrible. And why is Mike Brown coaching this team? Lebron clearly doesn't respect him and I don't know that he ever has. If Lebron stays in Cleveland, it's with a new coach and a dramatically overhauled roster. Shocking to see guys like Jamario Moon, Z, Parker, West on the court last night. This is the best they could have done?

-As a Knick fan, I'd love him to come to NY but I just don't see it happening. Assume it's Lebron + Bosh or one of the other FA's...what else do they have? Lee would be gone, McGrady is obviously gone (hopefully), Harrington is gone...so it's Gallo, Chandler, Duhon, Douglas, Walker, House, Sergio? Assume line up of Duhon or Douglas, Lebron, Gallo, Chandler & Bosh? Sounds decent I guess but there's not much of a bench. Chicago makes so much more sense--no coach so he can pick his coach, really good team with good young players, Jordan's legacy to contend with...they would be seriously awesome w/ Lebron.

-After watching the last 2 games, I have to wonder if I'd really want him anyway. Obviously he's the best now and possibly the best ever. But he totally gave up in Game 5. And there's so much drama and BS that comes with him. I'd almost prefer an under the radar guy who will just play and not worry about his image so much. Lebron is not a team first guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 01:31 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,191,743 times
I'm not a Knicks fan but the Knicks roster is a clean slate. If they get Lebron, they can add another max contract and then add accordingly and also fill in with the draft. With 2 star players you can easily add 3 more as a starting lineup for a reasonable rate. The first step is for them to add Lebron.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:41 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,888,618 times
Bill Simmons: LeBron James and the choice -- winning, loyalty or immortality? - ESPN

I think Simmons nailed it on LeBron

Old 05-14-2010, 06:18 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,890,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I'm not a Knicks fan but the Knicks roster is a clean slate. If they get Lebron, they can add another max contract and then add accordingly and also fill in with the draft. With 2 star players you can easily add 3 more as a starting lineup for a reasonable rate. The first step is for them to add Lebron.
I don't think he is gonna bite first until he sees who they sign initially. What if he signs with the Knicks and they end up not getting another star player? He isn't going to be left hanging.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:29 PM

3,070 posts, read 10,708,784 times
I don't know about everything else, but I do agree he seemed to give up in the last 2 games. Very out of character especially in the playoffs.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:42 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,191,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I don't think he is gonna bite first until he sees who they sign initially. What if he signs with the Knicks and they end up not getting another star player? He isn't going to be left hanging.
Not this time. The Knicks will be rolling out the blank checks. Expect Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk, and Bosh to be getting quick offers. I see them asking him who he wants too. You're going to see a Phoenix type offense with tons of scoring and less defense. Amare could easily be a target but Lebron wont be playing alone there and surely no Shaq show either.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:08 PM

3,982 posts, read 5,768,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
I don't know about everything else, but I do agree he seemed to give up in the last 2 games. Very out of character especially in the playoffs.
I have one word for you: hydrocortisone. Anyone who has ever had a shot of that stuff knows what it does to your balance. It makes you feel like someone detached your head, inflated it with helium, put it on a string, and then handed it back to you. Playing at a top level would be impossible.

The truth is probably that his elbow was killing him and he had to take shots for the pain. I don't believe for a minute that he just gave up.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:06 AM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,890,744 times
Quote:
Not this time. The Knicks will be rolling out the blank checks. Expect Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk, and Bosh to be getting quick offers. I see them asking him who he wants too. You're going to see a Phoenix type offense with tons of scoring and less defense. Amare could easily be a target but Lebron wont be playing alone there and surely no Shaq show either.
I still think he would wait to see the first signing of a star, if that happens, before he makes any decision. He won't bite first until he sees a major move with the Knicks. If anything, he would more likely go to the Bulls who are a a pretty good team already. Also, timing is so important.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:11 AM

7,559 posts, read 11,901,289 times
Quote:
Expect Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk, and Bosh to be getting quick offers.
Mavs fans were hoping to pair up one of those guys (or even Lebron) with Dirk for run at ships - but I guess Dirk could say the heck with this, too.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:22 AM

3,059 posts, read 3,230,360 times
Lebron, come to the one team that can win it all next year with you on it---The Mavericks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball