Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2010, 04:27 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Now that the 3rd round has started we will not hear Hubie Brown or Mike Tirico anymore. Only Mike Breen, Van Gundy, and Mark Jackson.

These three clown get all the BIG GAMES and Mark Jackson's -"That was a grown man move" is the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Does anyone else hate listening to these clowns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 05:04 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,149 times
Idk I think Jeff Van Gundy is hilarious while calling the games, but he still makes great points about the game. Mark Jackson however is kind of annoying.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Idk I think Jeff Van Gundy is hilarious while calling the games, but he still makes great points about the game. Mark Jackson however is kind of annoying.

And what is-"MAN DOWN, HAND DOWN"

Old 05-15-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And what is-"MAN DOWN, HAND DOWN"
Is it a Mark Jackson qoute? Who knows lol, never heard that before.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Is it a Mark Jackson qoute? Who knows lol, never heard that before.

Or that other dumb quote-"Momma there goes that man"

Old 05-15-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Or that other dumb quote-"Momma there goes that man"
Lol.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:04 AM

364 posts, read 717,662 times
Ditto pretty much what everyone else said....Mark Jackson gets kind of annoying, and Van Gundy is the bright spot IMO, Van Gundy and Charles Barkley seem like they would be sh*t load of fun to go to a sports bar and get wasted with....

Old 05-17-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Ditto pretty much what everyone else said....Mark Jackson gets kind of annoying, and Van Gundy is the bright spot IMO, Van Gundy and Charles Barkley seem like they would be sh*t load of fun to go to a sports bar and get wasted with....
I agree.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:36 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,027,186 times
Quote:
Now that the 3rd round has started we will not hear Hubie Brown or Mike Tirico anymore. Only Mike Breen, Van Gundy, and Mark Jackson.

These three clown get all the BIG GAMES and Mark Jackson's -"That was a grown man move" is the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Does anyone else hate listening to these clowns?
I have no idea why ABC doesn't have Hubie Brown as their main guy as color analyst. He is the best in the business w/Doug Collins a close 2nd & Mike Fratello behind them.

I don't have a problem w/Breen so much. Van Balky has his good moments, I do tend to like his 'lack of filter' i.e. he'll say anything, however, b/c of that, he has some pretty foolish ideas/comments at times. And Jackson is so-so at best.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:46 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,890,969 times
Breen, Van Gundy and Jackson are weak. Several steps down from the gold standard set in the 80's or 90's, with marv albert, steve snapper jones, hannah storm, czar of the telestrator, mike fratello. Those guys flowed.

This team now is about 3 notches slower. Not as much personality. Jackson is probably a nice guy, but it seems like sometimes he doesn't want to be there. Van Gundy is sort of goofy.

Hubie Brown clearly loves the game. His passion shows. Same with Doug Collins. That's part of why those guys are so successful. Breen, Van Gundy, Jackson honestly seem like they could be doing other things. And if they missed the 3rd round of the playoffs, or the finals, it wouldn't be a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball