U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:46 AM
 
530 posts, read 2,593,033 times
Reputation: 556

Advertisements

1. Lebron has already decided where he is going to play next year. In all likelihood, he's known for quite some time.
2. It won't be Cleveland. No chance he returns. They won't be any better than last year or the year before.
3. He likely has a "partner" picked out that he wants to play with, assuming he's going to NY. On July 1, if he does want to go to NY, he will tell the Knicks--get so & so and we have a deal.
4. It's either NY or Chicago. I'm inclined to think it is Chicago, based on D. Wade's comments about the Bulls "loyalty". Wade is likely staying in Miami and was making a last ditch effort to get Lebron to come, and possibly knows that Lebron is leaning towards Chicago. But Lebron is not going to Miami.
5. I'm not sure about Chicago for a couple of reasons--Lebron's "feud" with Noah and the MJ legacy. Plus they don't have a coach. Of course, Lebron would be given the option to "pick" his coach but other than the Calipari rumors, what coach would he presumably want?
6. If it is going to be NY, it would be primarily because he's always wanted to play in NY. Even if he brings Bosh with them, the Knicks are not a championship team. He's at least 2-3 years from a real shot at a title, assuming the Knicks can add more pieces in '11 and beyond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2010, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Tha 6th Bourough
3,633 posts, read 5,034,059 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
5. I'm not sure about Chicago for a couple of reasons--Lebron's "feud" with Noah and the MJ legacy. Plus they don't have a coach. Of course, Lebron would be given the option to "pick" his coach but other than the Calipari rumors, what coach would he presumably want?
This point here is the main problem I see with Lebron James....I mean you should not be able to 'pick' and choose what coach you want to play for after ending up on a team...This wouldn't have happened back in the 80's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2010, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 12,819,146 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
1. Lebron has already decided where he is going to play next year. In all likelihood, he's known for quite some time.
2. It won't be Cleveland. No chance he returns. They won't be any better than last year or the year before.
3. He likely has a "partner" picked out that he wants to play with, assuming he's going to NY. On July 1, if he does want to go to NY, he will tell the Knicks--get so & so and we have a deal.
4. It's either NY or Chicago. I'm inclined to think it is Chicago, based on D. Wade's comments about the Bulls "loyalty". Wade is likely staying in Miami and was making a last ditch effort to get Lebron to come, and possibly knows that Lebron is leaning towards Chicago. But Lebron is not going to Miami.
5. I'm not sure about Chicago for a couple of reasons--Lebron's "feud" with Noah and the MJ legacy. Plus they don't have a coach. Of course, Lebron would be given the option to "pick" his coach but other than the Calipari rumors, what coach would he presumably want?
6. If it is going to be NY, it would be primarily because he's always wanted to play in NY. Even if he brings Bosh with them, the Knicks are not a championship team. He's at least 2-3 years from a real shot at a title, assuming the Knicks can add more pieces in '11 and beyond.
They don't have a coach? Yeah they didn't, but that's in the past now. LeBron wanted Doc Rivers, but he can't have Doc, so he got the next best thing in Chicago;
NBA stands at LeBron's beck and call - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Another thing is that he's gotten endorsements from Obama, and Michael Jordon. MJ even stated that he feels LeBron is set on Chicago. Three GM's feel that LeBron is set on Chicago.

The Bulls have been LeBron's favorite team since growing up.

The Bulls are more talented than the Knicks and definitely more than the Nets.

2.77 billion dollars will be flowing into Chicago's tourism sector if they get LeBron, and knowing Chicago, that is THE PUSH they need to make this happen. The management flew out to LA the day before Game One, and they confronted the assistant coach for the Celtics there, and got him! They are dead set on LeBron...

I don't want to officially say this, but Chicago's got a better chance than NYC does with LeBron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 PM
JL
 
7,355 posts, read 11,898,256 times
Reputation: 7198
I thought the Bulls hired Thibodeaux as their new coach. He is currently an assistant with the Celtics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 11:44 PM
 
Location: San Josť, CA
3,273 posts, read 5,793,155 times
Reputation: 3221
Feud with Noah?

Those little on-the-court things don't play into these types of things.

Remember last year? Artest and Kobe were at each other's throats.

Where did Artest sign? L.A.

NBA players will align with other NBA players that allow them to win a title. Maybe Noah doesn't make up with say, Joel Pryzbilla, but Noah definitely does everything he can to align himself with King James.

As a note, I think the Clippers are legit contenders for Lebron too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 12,819,146 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I thought the Bulls hired Thibodeaux as their new coach. He is currently an assistant with the Celtics.
Yeah, that's the beauty of it. LeBron wanted Doc Rivers, and no team besides Boston can get Doc, but the Bulls got the next big thing to get LeBron to Chicago.

A reliable NBA insider has said that "LeBron wants to go to Chicago, if Chicago can get a good coach, LeBron is in". And Chicago's management flew out to LA Friday before the game and got the Celtics assistant coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Feud with Noah?

Those little on-the-court things don't play into these types of things.

Remember last year? Artest and Kobe were at each other's throats.

Where did Artest sign? L.A.

NBA players will align with other NBA players that allow them to win a title. Maybe Noah doesn't make up with say, Joel Pryzbilla, but Noah definitely does everything he can to align himself with King James.

As a note, I think the Clippers are legit contenders for Lebron too.
Yeah I remember that, it was quite disappointing for the Rockets actually. Looks like the trade for Ariza wasn't that beneficial.

I don't think he'll go with the Clippers, they live in the Lakers shadow too much. They are a good option but I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Upstate
5,803 posts, read 6,588,431 times
Reputation: 4177
LeBron will re-sign with Cleveland for three more years. If he doesn't win a championship by then, he'll walk.

The Cav's can pay him more money than any other team. He's still young, and with the Cav's they can bring in a couple more pieces after LeBron re-signs to take the team to the finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 12:52 PM
 
67 posts, read 58,852 times
Reputation: 18
Knicks or Nets. He wants to be in NY, Manhattan or Brooklyn will be fine for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 12,819,146 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp1983 View Post
Knicks or Nets. He wants to be in NY, Manhattan or Brooklyn will be fine for him.
That doesn't mean he wants to play for New York though. He's going to have a very rough time there, because the time just flat out is terrible, IMHO. Both NYC teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 04:40 PM
 
67 posts, read 58,852 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
That doesn't mean he wants to play for New York though. He's going to have a very rough time there, because the time just flat out is terrible, IMHO. Both NYC teams.
He has already stated Brooklyn is his favorite city in the U.S.

We already know it's a borough and not a city, which proves how much he loves NY.

NY Knicks and the NY Nets have enough cap space to sign another player. Dirk, Amare, Boozer and Bosh are available for a big man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top