Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:56 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
I've been to four:

The Q in Cleveland,
Skydome in Toronto (old school),
Arco Arena in Sacramento, and
Oracle Arena in Oakland.

Oracle Arena has the most knowledgeable fan base by far with the most exciting, in-tuned fans.

The Q is the nicest visually.

Arco Arena is a dump. The seats are extremely uncomfortable, the fans are less knowledgable, and it feels less like the NBA and something a little more... I don't even know how to explain it, but it was sad. I felt like it was all these people had was to come to the game.

Skydome was weird when the Raptors played there. I mean, it's unfair to compare it to anything but it was a neat experience.

* Sorry I didn't have good photos of the other two. I have some of Arco somewhere but the Raptors were having practice when I was in Skydome and they didn't allow photography.
I like the Warriors actually and it seems to me that the atmosphere while watching games on TV is one of the better atmosphere's in the league. Do you think I'm right about that from your experience being there yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 11:57 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
So United Center was best overall out of them all then right?...Sorry if I'm a little slow in the head tonight. Do you live in Chicago?
Honestly the United Center has been my best experience, but Conseco is a close second.....YES I live in Chicago

Old 06-08-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Honestly the United Center has been my best experience, but Conseco is a close second.....YES I live in Chicago

Cool man, Are you old enough that you got to see Jordan play at United Center?

Old 06-08-2010, 12:08 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
Quote:
Cool man, Are you old enough that you got to see Jordan play at United Center?
old enough yeah, did I have enough money to??? NO

Old 06-08-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
old enough yeah, did I have enough money to??? NO

I hear you on that one...I was in that same situation in Miami growing up when I wanted to see Tim Hardaway blast some three pointers..lol

Old 06-08-2010, 09:40 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
Quote:
I like the Warriors actually and it seems to me that the atmosphere while watching games on TV is one of the better atmosphere's in the league. Do you think I'm right about that from your experience being there yourself?
Yeah. I mean anytime you get 15-20,000 on a nightly basis without question to see a team that's continually in the basement, you know you have a fan base that loves basketball.

They are really quick on the draw. It's a diverse crowd of people who responds quickly to the subtleties of basketball better than any other crowd I've seen.

If you're ever in Oakland, definitely check out a game.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:11 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,288,814 times
Been to MSG, the old Continental Airlines Arena (NJ), and the Verizon Center in DC. Verizon Center was the most modern, but you cant beat the nostalgia at MSG so I'll go with that as my fav. Cont'l Airlines Arena is decent too, but you can only get there by car and parking at the Meadowlands is a b*tch...although it is big as hell inside lol.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Yeah. I mean anytime you get 15-20,000 on a nightly basis without question to see a team that's continually in the basement, you know you have a fan base that loves basketball.

They are really quick on the draw. It's a diverse crowd of people who responds quickly to the subtleties of basketball better than any other crowd I've seen.

If you're ever in Oakland, definitely check out a game.

I will next time I'm out there. I have an aunt that lives out there that we visit every once in a blue moon, so next time I'll have to ask her if she wants to go to a game.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
Been to MSG, the old Continental Airlines Arena (NJ), and the Verizon Center in DC. Verizon Center was the most modern, but you cant beat the nostalgia at MSG so I'll go with that as my fav. Cont'l Airlines Arena is decent too, but you can only get there by car and parking at the Meadowlands is a b*tch...although it is big as hell inside lol.

Cool man. That was the expected answer out of those 3 arenas. Thanks for giving it from your point of view to confirm it though.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:29 PM

164 posts, read 365,882 times
ive been to the td garden, its very nice and I love basketball so anyplace is good for me. I would like to hear from okc fans, i hear that place is really fun to be at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball