Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:08 AM

595 posts, read 1,167,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
I wish I could pay $1800 for 3 vehicles, where do you live?
If I moved to Jefferson Parish, it would go down to $2400.
Better yet, what company?
I live in B.R. near LSU,and we use Allstate.I can't believe the difference,Man that a lot of money.I hope You can check it out and come up with a better deal,good luck and thanks for the response.Maybe since NO is below sea level You might have to carry FLOOD ins. on your auto's.LOL Have a good day.

Last edited by fbbertusa; 07-14-2010 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: correct spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,033,897 times
Quote:
So this is why my auto insurance is $2,880 a year.
WestbankNOLA you are paying that much because of several reasons.

One, because of your driving record. Two, because of the company who you are insured through. Three, because of the type of car you are insuring. Four, because of your age. And most importantly five, because 80% of drivers in New Orleans drive junk cars and are not carrying insurance.

Try moving to the out skirts and see your insurance rates drop like a rock. I live in St. Charles parish and full coverage on and truck and suv cost me right under $880 per year through AAA insurance.

busta

Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,445,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
WestbankNOLA you are paying that much because of several reasons.

busta
Oh I know, I was being sarcastic at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post
I live in B.R. near LSU,and we use Allstate.I can't believe the difference,Man that a lot of money.I hope You can check it out and come up with a better deal,good luck and thanks for the response.Maybe since NO is below sea level You might have to carry FLOOD ins. on your auto's.LOL Have a good day.
Believe it or not, I have Allstate and clean driving record. I will be shopping around soon though.
When you think about it people in NO pay double for everything compared to everybody else anyway.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Oh I know, I was being sarcastic at first.

Believe it or not, I have Allstate and clean driving record. I will be shopping around soon though.
When you think about it people in NO pay double for everything compared to everybody else anyway.

Don't worry I believe You,I have no trust in the insurance industry .I have no idea how they figure there rates other than those already stated.Good luck shopping.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homoudont View Post
Anyway I think you may be able to beat the governor with a aftermarket chip. And if you think it will void the warranty, that's just the risk you have to take. The other thing you could do is save the old chip and just pop it back in when it goes in for warranty work.
I found out today it will void Your warranty and the computer keeps track of all changes so that idea of switching chips would not cover you.They can tell it has been tampered with.I can live with not driving that fast especially around here,I just don't like the Government have control of everything.I am glad I am in my 60's I don't think I'll like things by the year 2030 .I should be resting permanently by then.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:40 PM

217 posts, read 571,405 times
The fact that you found out that your vehicle tops out at 102 is pretty frightening. In a truck, no less. Please slow down before you kill someone.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:56 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,462,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Sometimes other people suffer the consequences of YOUR actions .
We all suffer the consequences of other people's actions all the time, so what's your point? As the bard said, "No man is an island."

Old 07-17-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post
I found out today it will void Your warranty and the computer keeps track of all changes so that idea of switching chips would not cover you.They can tell it has been tampered with.I can live with not driving that fast especially around here,I just don't like the Government have control of everything.I am glad I am in my 60's I don't think I'll like things by the year 2030 .I should be resting permanently by then.

I'm with you. I tell people all the time that I'm GLAD I'm old and getting ready to die as I don't think I'd like how all this will all turn out.

They say, "Oh, you're joking!"

No....I'm not.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers2010 View Post
The fact that you found out that your vehicle tops out at 102 is pretty frightening. In a truck, no less. Please slow down before you kill someone.
Oh, please. I've driven big trucks faster than that and never killed anybody with them.

Speed does NOT cause accidents. It does aggravate the effects of an accident though, but that's pretty much a moot point as most people are killed in accidents which happen at less than 30 mph.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:48 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,335,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
We all suffer the consequences of other people's actions all the time, so what's your point? As the bard said, "No man is an island."
Suppose your non speed rated tire blows out and you lose control of your truck , and hit me . I guess that's just the chance I take by getting on the road ? On June 30th of this year , a guy decided to get sloppy drunk , and go for a ride . He hit my wife in the drivers side , totaling the vehicle , and she spent 3 days in the ICU . She's still off of work . She suffered the consequences of another persons action . I guess she just rolled the dice , eh ? Maybe she shouldn't have taken a lunch break that day , and stayed at work . The jerk that hit her evidently drives drunk all the time , judging by his arrest record . I guess that's his right . What business does the goverment have telling him how to drive anyway ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge