Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 04:25 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times

Advertisements

What do you suggest we do ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 PM

595 posts, read 1,173,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers2010 View Post
Are yall just bitching and moaning on a message board, or are you actually trying to do something about the crime problem in this city?
I actually got out and did something about it.In 1990 You could not walk down My street without fear of being robbed.My neighbor and I walked the streets in this area for two years at night,He had a day job,I was in School.We collected on several crime stopper rewards and helped the police clean up this area turnning in lic. plate # s of cars that visited a certain house more than 2-3 times a day and only staying an average of 5 min..We helped slow down the Beer thieft at the local store. I took pictures of people selling drugs in the open and was confronted several times and ran most of them to jail are another area.One man We caught robbing a home while on probation got a very long prison sentence.The area is much safer but still the hood. (IMO) In an area like where I live the only way to stop all crime is to form a neighborhood watch and have at least two people in the street 24/7/365.Nothing against the police but We need 4 times the officers than we presently have especilly during football season.I was watching a man rob a home one street over and it was closer to LSU than the police station so I ran there and found lets just say 75 officers(a low est.) sitting or standing around watting for the end of the game so they could direct traffic NOT ONE OFFICER WOULD HELP ME.I finnally followed the man for several hours on foot and then got Him arrested.BR. IMO has a police force too small and not enough veteran officers and sure as heck don't have any Leadreship. Do You have a crime problem in Your area? What are You doing about it?All suggesttions welcome.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:04 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times
I forgot to mention that I was a Reserve Police Officer for the City of Baton Rouge back in the early 80's . I worked the dog shift on Friday and Saturday nights out of the Highland Rd. ( 2nd ) District . I'm too old for that stuff now . That's a young mans game .

Old 12-03-2010, 08:28 PM

595 posts, read 1,173,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers2010 View Post
Are yall just bitching and moaning on a message board, or are you actually trying to do something about the crime problem in this city?

You tell Me,I can't read minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge