Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:08 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,288,860 times

Advertisements

You're not reaching, it's Central, they don't want anything to do with Baton Rouge and feel imposed on. Doesn't matter because they will still be driving on it if built. They would probably never be all for it. They act as if the toll booth workers will sell crack to kids or something..

Edit: I'm not all for the loop, but I don't have many reasons as to why it shouldn't be built. They need to produce a better defensive, the current one is pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 10:12 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,481,890 times
These Roads Served Central 50 Years Ago But Are Completely Inadequate for a City | Central City News
For this to be the "City News", it reads like a mix between and editorial column and a bad joke. ..and I bet the people just love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You're not reaching, it's Central, they don't want anything to do with Baton Rouge and feel imposed on. Doesn't matter because they will still be driving on it if built. They would probably never be all for it. They act as if the toll booth workers will sell crack to kids or something..

Edit: I'm not all for the loop, but I don't have many reasons as to why it shouldn't be built. They need to produce a better defensive, the current one is pathetic.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post

It be would wise for anyone considering moving to to an underdeveloped area, but still inside a major metropolitan area to realize that it will only be a matter of time. No metro area in this country has not expanded over a 10 year period, even the dying ones. People want to have the peace and quiet of the country with the convenience of the city, but you can't have both. Either live in the country and make the drive or live in the city and make the drive out. If you won't both you'll have to settle for suburbia. In my opinion, moving a few miles out then fighting off development is like moving across the street from an airport and complaining about the noise. Just take a look around. Nashville, Montgomery, Austin, etc. are building loops. Memphis and Nashville are both building their 2nd loop. Houston is building their 3rd loop. I'm not saying that we should do what everybody else is doing, I'm just saying don't be surprised when it happens. Even the people in Lafayette want a loop.
Houston isn't building a third loop, are you talking about Hwy 99/Grand Parkway? Lafayette wants a loop?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Houston isn't building a third loop, are you talking about Hwy 99/Grand Parkway? Lafayette wants a loop?
Grand Parkway is going to be the third loop, tolled and everything. They're working on the section from Sugar Land to the Woodlands now and the tolls should be going up on the Baytown section soon. Yeah, from what I hear Lafayette has put together an expressway authority and everything and people are apparently in favor of tolls

Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Grand Parkway is going to be the third loop, tolled and everything. They're working on the section from Sugar Land to the Woodlands now and the tolls should be going up on the Baytown section soon. Yeah, from what I hear Lafayette has put together an expressway authority and everything and people are apparently in favor of tolls
I know the portion on the west side is open and tolled, the interchange with I-10 just opened, the portion near Baytown is already opened and tolled, at least from I-10 when I last went back home. I had no idea it was planned to be a full loop. What a waste of funds, in my opinion.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:36 PM

Questions and Answers About the Loop | Central City News
---------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
What a waste of funds, in my opinion.
Exactly. I don't even think that Beltway 8 is used to it's potential.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Questions and Answers About the Loop | Central City News
---------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly. I don't even think that Beltway 8 is used to it's potential.
Lots of people live on and around the Beltway, and I frequently see rigs bypassing inner Houston on it. I'd say it's used to its potential, but that's just visually.

Did someone from CD write that? Looks like some heavily conservative nut job with the exclamation points and 2 questions. Must have been a high school project..

Old 12-07-2011, 05:15 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times
Quote:

Who in the hell is " they " ?

Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Who in the hell is " they " ?
People living in Central who oppose the loop, obviously. Who else would it be?

Old 12-07-2011, 01:52 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times
" Imposed on " ? Your damn right we feel imposed on . A 1500 ' right of way carved right through the center of our city WITHOUT the consent of the citizens living there . A privately owned , TOLL ROAD , that NO CREDIBLE traffic study can justify . You may call that pathetic , but since you live in Houston that's an easy call for you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge