U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-05-2011, 03:22 PM

10,106 posts, read 6,820,014 times
Which haven't stopped Geismar or Sputh Baton Rouge from growing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-05-2011, 03:45 PM

228 posts, read 196,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Which haven't stopped Geismar or Sputh Baton Rouge from growing.
Let's see:

Spanish Lakes subdivision = 2 miles away from prison. On the same road as the prison.

South Baton Rouge (from Bluebonnet/Burbank intersection) = 6.5 miles away. Not on same road and distance is not street miles but rather aerial.

Geismar/Dutchtown (from the Bluff Rd/Hwy 74 intersection) = 4.6 miles and distance is not street miles but rather aerial.

Anything else you want me to disprove?

Unread 07-05-2011, 04:38 PM

Geismar/Dutchtown is thriving, and Hwy 74 runs through it, which is where Hunts is. Nicholson (30) is also seeing those new subdivisions popping up. 4 miles isn't long by the way..

(Prisoners don't escape running down roads in jumpsuits, they use the "aerial" route)

Unread 07-05-2011, 06:25 PM

1,734 posts, read 3,240,801 times
I wouldn't worry about the prison. Unlike with Angola, there are not that many places to hide around Hunt. Prisoners there can't steal off into the Tunica Hills the way they can at Angola. They could try hiding in the swamps, but they wouldn't last five minutes in such a harsh environment. In the unlikely event that there was an escape, the innmate would be picked up in no time flat. Plus, I know if I was an escaped innmate, a crowded subdivision is the last place I'd want to go.

Unread 07-05-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
I wouldn't worry about the prison. Unlike with Angola, there are not that many places to hide around Hunt. Prisoners there can't steal off into the Tunica Hills the way they can at Angola. They could try hiding in the swamps, but they wouldn't last five minutes in such a harsh environment. In the unlikely event that there was an escape, the innmate would be picked up in no time flat. Plus, I know if I was an escaped innmate, a crowded subdivision is the last place I'd want to go.
Yeah everyone WISHES they could live within 2 miles of a prison

Unread 07-05-2011, 08:37 PM

1,734 posts, read 3,240,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trafficsucks View Post
Yeah everyone WISHES they could live within 2 miles of a prison
Oh, is that what I said? Could have sworn I never mentioned anything like that.

In any case, having the prison a few miles down the road hasn't stopped Dutchtown from becoming one of the fastest growing communites in the metro area.

Unread 07-06-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Oh, is that what I said? Could have sworn I never mentioned anything like that.

In any case, having the prison a few miles down the road hasn't stopped Dutchtown from becoming one of the fastest growing communites in the metro area.

Dutchtown is 5-6 miles away from the prison. It's not the same as Spanish Lakes which is 2 miles down the same road.

Unread 07-06-2011, 09:25 AM

It's not a big deal. We almost built a house in the neighborhood across the street.

Unread 07-06-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
It's not a big deal. We almost built a house in the neighborhood across the street.
I doubt the original poster or most civilized people for that matter want to live across from a prison.

Unread 07-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Civilized people live across from the prison. Have you ever even been there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge