U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-30-2011, 09:24 AM
 
Location: City of Central
1,837 posts, read 4,153,429 times
Reputation: 951

Advertisements

Kip is having problems with his newest tax plan ( again ) . Seems he wants to run the city / parish without any involvment fron the the Metro Council . He may get what he wants in the end , but it's pretty funny watching him get frustrated .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2011, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Baton Rouge
1,734 posts, read 5,468,577 times
Reputation: 681
Maybe if the Metro Council would have voted to open the floor up for discussion of the package, there wouldn't be a problem.

A very childish move on the side of the Metro Council, indeed. To me it seems like it is they who want to run the city without any input from the Mayor President. Everyone knows they voted it down just to stick it to Holden, which I think is embarrasing. Shameful they weren't even willing to hold a discussion about such a serious matter.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 01:30 PM
 
Location: City of Central
1,837 posts, read 4,153,429 times
Reputation: 951
Kip had his chances , he chose to burn his bridges .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Denver
15,995 posts, read 24,240,995 times
Reputation: 12153
I agree with Metro.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 04:08 PM
 
Location: City of Central
1,837 posts, read 4,153,429 times
Reputation: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I agree with Metro.
I'm not surprised .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 06:53 PM
 
228 posts, read 419,965 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Maybe if the Metro Council would have voted to open the floor up for discussion of the package, there wouldn't be a problem.

A very childish move on the side of the Metro Council, indeed. To me it seems like it is they who want to run the city without any input from the Mayor President. Everyone knows they voted it down just to stick it to Holden, which I think is embarrasing. Shameful they weren't even willing to hold a discussion about such a serious matter.

Funny. Even the Advocate ran a story about how Kip refused to talk to the council about his plan. Kip himself said "what's to talk about? Its the same package as last year".

Hello Kip, if the SAME package was overwhelmingly defeated last year why would you think it's going to pass now?

It's time for a new leader. One who is willing to work with the council.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Denver
15,995 posts, read 24,240,995 times
Reputation: 12153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
I'm not surprised .
Hooray for you.

This can go either way, blame the Council or Kip. I blame both parties as well and the Louisiana government in it's entirety.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Baton Rouge
1,734 posts, read 5,468,577 times
Reputation: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by trafficsucks View Post
Funny. Even the Advocate ran a story about how Kip refused to talk to the council about his plan. Kip himself said "what's to talk about? Its the same package as last year".

Hello Kip, if the SAME package was overwhelmingly defeated last year why would you think it's going to pass now?

It's time for a new leader. One who is willing to work with the council.
Provide a link please. Everything I've read about the plan states that it was a very different plan than last year's. For one, Alive was eliminated. Also, this go round, it was to be divided into different sections. That way if you agreed with one tax (i.e. public safety), you could vote for it. But if you disagreed with another (i.e. infrastructure), you could vote against it.
It was also going to be $200 million cheaper.

What we need is a new Mayor Pro-Tem. Mike Walker is a total a** clown. He's proven again and again that he is only there for a p*ssing match. He has absolutely no concern for the citizens of East Baton Rouge Parish.

Sounds like a different plan to me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Baton Rouge
1,734 posts, read 5,468,577 times
Reputation: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Kip had his chances , he chose to burn his bridges .
Funny you should mention bridges. Hopefully one doesn't collapse under you because the Metro Council refused to even hold a public hearing about the tax plan that could have ended up saving one of our lives some day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Denver
15,995 posts, read 24,240,995 times
Reputation: 12153
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Funny you should mention bridges. Hopefully one doesn't collapse under you because the Metro Council refused to even hold a public hearing about the tax plan that could have ended up saving one of our lives some day.
They were quick to shoot that one down.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top