Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,970 times

Advertisements

I'm a 26 yr old woman recently single after coming out of a two year relationship. Why does it feel like a famine here in baton rouge when it comes to meeting nice professional educated decent guys?

Granted this is a college town but I have passed the age of dating college students. I am not religious but have been to church a few times and have never seen any young single men. I have been to the local bars but have only met guys looking for flings. I'm not full of myself but I think I am reasonably attractive and I do get those looks, stares and smiles when I am out and about but no one with the courage enough to come up to me and chat.

Few of my girlfriends have moved to other states after being frustrated with the dating scene over here. But I would like to know if I can have any luck without having to scrape the bottom of the barrel. I don't wanna give up on baton rouge that easily.

My career involves a lot of overtime so I cannot spend all my evenings and weekends going man hunting. Any tips will be appreciated from someone who has been in my situation. And if you happen to be a guy I described about don't hesitate to hit me up.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 07:40 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,282,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brsweetheart View Post
I'm a 26 yr old woman recently single after coming out of a two year relationship. Why does it feel like a famine here in baton rouge when it comes to meeting nice professional educated decent guys?

Granted this is a college town but I have passed the age of dating college students. I am not religious but have been to church a few times and have never seen any young single men. I have been to the local bars but have only met guys looking for flings. I'm not full of myself but I think I am reasonably attractive and I do get those looks, stares and smiles when I am out and about but no one with the courage enough to come up to me and chat.

Few of my girlfriends have moved to other states after being frustrated with the dating scene over here. But I would like to know if I can have any luck without having to scrape the bottom of the barrel. I don't wanna give up on baton rouge that easily.

My career involves a lot of overtime so I cannot spend all my evenings and weekends going man hunting. Any tips will be appreciated from someone who has been in my situation. And if you happen to be a guy I described about don't hesitate to hit me up.

Thanks!
Baton Rouge does not have a draw for young professionals. They just can't rise to their full potential or even get employment in Baton Rouge. Most people go to school, graduate, and move to Texas, Florida, or Georgia.

But as far as single men, I'm right here.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:45 PM

595 posts, read 1,172,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Baton Rouge does not have a draw for young professionals. They just can't rise to their full potential or even get employment in Baton Rouge. Most people go to school, graduate, and move to Texas, Florida, or Georgia.

But as far as single men, I'm right here.
What makes You such an expert on What BR has or does not have? Just because You lived here a few years does not mean anything. You know so much why don't You come run for Mayor and You can fix all the problems that You bring up? Could You even qualify for Mayor? What is the % of people that Graduate and move to Texas?

Old 08-13-2011, 10:22 PM

270 posts, read 586,998 times
Howdy. You will find what you are looking for in a strong Christian church. And I'm not just talking about a God fearing man. I really hope you let the Messiah come into your life and if you do, you will never be happier.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post
What makes You such an expert on What BR has or does not have? Just because You lived here a few years does not mean anything. You know so much why don't You come run for Mayor and You can fix all the problems that You bring up? Could You even qualify for Mayor? What is the % of people that Graduate and move to Texas?
Woah woah, hold your horses.

20 years is a bit more than a few. I would love to run for a political office, although I'm not that interested in politics to make it a career choice. I do plan on coming back and doing my best to help Baton Rouge. It would be a dream come true to have a part in restoring glory back into many of BR's neighborhoods.

Are you telling me that out of all the LSU and SU graduates, majority of them stay in Baton Rouge? Let alone the state..

Am I lying? Do you see a plethora of young professionals in Baton Rouge?

Old 08-14-2011, 12:13 AM

101 posts, read 261,356 times
Like several of my friends, I relocated here as part of my job which supports the strengthening of the infrastructure of BTR. We're here because we're needed here. We are finding it difficult to find great single men - not saying they're not here, we just can't find them. Some of us are considering moving on because we want relationship opportunities and, while we know our work will benefit the city, we need to consider our own lives and happiness.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR_Bound View Post
Like several of my friends, I relocated here as part of my job which supports the strengthening of the infrastructure of BTR. We're here because we're needed here. We are finding it difficult to find great single men - not saying they're not here, we just can't find them. Some of us are considering moving on because we want relationship opportunities and, while we know our work will benefit the city, we need to consider our own lives and happiness.
Exactly.

The city is now trying to become a city that attracts young people, and keep its young professional base. Very similar to Austin.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Woah woah, hold your horses.

20 years is a bit more than a few. I would love to run for a political office, although I'm not that interested in politics to make it a career choice. I do plan on coming back and doing my best to help Baton Rouge. It would be a dream come true to have a part in restoring glory back into many of BR's neighborhoods.

Are you telling me that out of all the LSU and SU graduates, majority of them stay in Baton Rouge? Let alone the state..

Am I lying? Do you see a plethora of young professionals in Baton Rouge?
WOAH,WOAH HOLD YOUR MULE
20 years is only 1/3 of the time I have been in BR . Not interested in politics sounds like a bunch of BS I'd be willing to bet You can't qualify.And if You want the glory of restoring BR YOU SHOULD BE HERE NOW.SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.There is a lot of restoration of BR going on at the present time.There is a big project going on in the Black area along MLK street, the shot gun houses or being replaced with very nice cottages I have seen three of Your hoods torn down and replaced as stated above and they look good for now.
No I am not saying all the grads . from both schools stay here,there are not that many jobs at any school in any city.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR_Bound View Post
I am pretty sure You can be replaced in Your job.My wife worked for the state for 31 years and when She retired they just pluged in another person that was qualified and that was that. As far as findindig a great Man,First you have to be a great Women.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post
WOAH,WOAH HOLD YOUR MULE
20 years is only 1/3 of the time I have been in BR . Not interested in politics sounds like a bunch of BS I'd be willing to bet You can't qualify.And if You want the glory of restoring BR YOU SHOULD BE HERE NOW.SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.There is a lot of restoration of BR going on at the present time.There is a big project going on in the Black area along MLK street, the shot gun houses or being replaced with very nice cottages I have seen three of Your hoods torn down and replaced as stated above and they look good for now.
No I am not saying all the grads . from both schools stay here,there are not that many jobs at any school in any city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge