Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:04 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,949,902 times

Advertisements

Kenyon Barner fumbles the punt return on the 7, LSU for the touchback.

...and less than a minute later - Darren Thomas gets intercepted.

Come on Tigers.

Last edited by O-Ducky; 09-03-2011 at 08:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 09:43 PM

Oregon fumble... ball lands right in the hands of LSU

LSU is playing some football, and Jarret Lee is making the coaches go, "...and why have we been playing Jefferson?"

Ducks... meet the Tigers.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:43 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,241,004 times
Well, Oregon doesnt belong on the same field with those guys...I think they win 5 out of 5 times.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Final Score

LSU Tigers 40
Oregon 27

Old 09-03-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Well, Oregon doesnt belong on the same field with those guys...I think they win 5 out of 5 times.
Oregon's got a very rough year ahead.

Hey, big props to you though. Good game good game.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:24 AM

9,126 posts, read 5,758,670 times
That was fun!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:49 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,399,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
It's probably better if they lost Jefferson anyway, along with some of the other good players. That way when Oregon beats them you'll have a good excuse. Seriously... Jordan Jefferson... come on man. Not trying to be negative, since I'm from Baton Rouge and you know how we love the Tigers, but... come on... next year they might have a chance due to the new quarterback. Or will Jefferson be back? Anyway.
Well, instead of eating crow, perhaps a little Duck a L'Orange would suit you. I didn't watch the whole game since it conflicted with two of my wife's favorite shows, but Lee looked like he was ready to take over from the little I saw.

I'm with you, though, that I hope we've seen the last of Jordan Jefferson.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:16 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,241,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Well, instead of eating crow, perhaps a little Duck a L'Orange would suit you. I didn't watch the whole game since it conflicted with two of my wife's favorite shows, but Lee looked like he was ready to take over from the little I saw.

I'm with you, though, that I hope we've seen the last of Jordan Jefferson.
I agree, I was hoping that my Ducks would play him so we could kick his head in...what an a$$, from what I saw, you just need your defense to keep making plays, your QB needs just a little work, but no big deal. I bet you guys run the table. I hope so anyway, otherwise its gonna make my team look like crap.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 AM

420 posts, read 472,686 times
Well......lol. Honestly, I cheer for LSU because I'm from Louisiana. I just love watching football and seeing the new talent that plays for pure passion.

Les Miles.....I'm gonna finally let my guard down with you. I have spend way too much energy disliking that man because of the Michigan links, his mad hatter gambling coaching style, and my loyalty to Saban.

Im starting to realize if it wasn't for some of those weird calls and him forcing those players to be tougher, its possible that LSU wouldn't be an elite school. So props to Les Miles.

2 problems still....

First, I had no problem with Jordan Jefferson or Jarrett Lee. 2 different styles but both has some promise. The problem is when you flip flop between the 2, how can one gain a rhythm, confidence, and wisdom?
Jarrett Lee played great last night. If this guy knew he would be the starter, and had a chance to be a leader it would work wonders on his game. He's a pure pocket quarterback with all the trimmings. He just need his coaches to believe in him.

The other problem is......in the past 10 years, how many #*%&+* times has Arkansas beaten LSU. Man....I cannot begin to explain how I depise the state of Arkansas, and it stings so...so...bad when they beat LSU. Then Im in north Louisiana so imagine how many Razorback fans I see daily..ugh....come on LSU!!

Anyway....good game last night and I got Tennessee circled on the schedule...sorry little Dooley coach use to coach Louisiana Tech(a WAC school), and never did anything special, but all of a sudden he can coach a SEC school? Guess a name is better than reputation. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 01:44 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,096,575 times
Loyalty to Saban? That man is the enemy.

Great game those boys played last night. Best starting season game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge