Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:24 PM

228 posts, read 444,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I grew up in Prairieville, know it better than the back of my hand.

How do you know they are opposed to it? I don't recall much uproar.
Just because you grew up in Prairieville as a kid doesn't mean you know if the residents want a interstate and exit ramps running through their parish and neighborhoods. That would be like me talking about a subject in your city and proclaiming I am a expert opinion because I grew up there as a child.

The residents of Prairieville are ex-residents of East BR parish. To think they would want a interstate and exit/on ramps running through their town is ridiculous. They moved from East BR due to traffic. The last thing they want is a loop.

Both parish presidents have said no, because their residents don't want it. Trust me. I live here. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,441 times
Why would the interstate route have to go any of those towns? Can it not be confined to the city of Baton Rouge? I ask this since this would be a bypass for I-10

Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trafficsucks View Post
Just because you grew up in Prairieville as a kid doesn't mean you know if the residents want a interstate and exit ramps running through their parish and neighborhoods. That would be like me talking about a subject in your city and proclaiming I am a expert opinion because I grew up there as a child.

The residents of Prairieville are ex-residents of East BR parish. To think they would want a interstate and exit/on ramps running through their town is ridiculous. They moved from East BR due to traffic. The last thing they want is a loop.

Both parish presidents have said no, because their residents don't want it. Trust me. I live here. Thanks.
It was less than two years ago that I lived there. Doesn't really matter if you live there now. I don't care. Baton Rouge is my city.

The residents of Prairieville are residents from everywhere, I would know I grew up there. Part of the reason they may have moved there is traffic. Obviously if you lived there you would know that it gets worse everyday. You would know that traffic on Airline now is congested into EBR, you would also know that the two exits in the most populated parts of Ascension do not feed the area enough, you would also know that traffic doesn't magically disappear and you have to do something about it.
Can you link me to the voter stats when the citizens voted on the subject at hand? Oh wait..
Trust me. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Why would the interstate route have to go any of those towns? Can it not be confined to the city of Baton Rouge? I ask this since this would be a bypass for I-10
Because loops serve the suburbs. It would help people travel around the metro faster as well. If I needed to get to the airport from Gonzales I wouldn't have to go through downtown to get there. Also Baton Rouge has too many neighborhoods to go through to get it built.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:26 PM

Dude if my hometown can manage a to get a loop entirely within the city limits what makes you think BR can't?

Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Dude if my hometown can manage a to get a loop entirely within the city limits what makes you think BR can't?
I-210 is about 1/6th the size of what Baton Rouge would build (full loop). Lake Charles is far less populated.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Look at Houston, W/ I-610. It does not extend out to any suburbs.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Look at Houston, W/ I-610. It does not extend out to any suburbs.
Houston encompass 634sq mi and Baton Rouge a laughable 79sq mi compared to Houston. Also, I-610 goes through the city of Bellaire so it technically isn't all within Houston jurisdiction/limits. It's about 3 times longer than I-210 for comparison but Houston has so much land. There would be no way for a freeway to be built the entire way inside of Baton Rouge, inside EBR, maybe, but it would have to go into WBR at some point.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:

No it can't. Again, too man homes in the way.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Comparing Lake Charles to Baton Rouge? HAHA

Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
It was less than two years ago that I lived there. Doesn't really matter if you live there now. I don't care. Baton Rouge is my city.

The residents of Prairieville are residents from everywhere, I would know I grew up there. Part of the reason they may have moved there is traffic. Obviously if you lived there you would know that it gets worse everyday. You would know that traffic on Airline now is congested into EBR, you would also know that the two exits in the most populated parts of Ascension do not feed the area enough, you would also know that traffic doesn't magically disappear and you have to do something about it.
Can you link me to the voter stats when the citizens voted on the subject at hand? Oh wait..
Trust me. Thanks.

Because loops serve the suburbs. It would help people travel around the metro faster as well. If I needed to get to the airport from Gonzales I wouldn't have to go through downtown to get there. Also Baton Rouge has too many neighborhoods to go through to get it built.
It's funny to see you continue on like this. If you lived here you would know that both Ascension and Livingston presidents have said they are 100% against any loop. You're arguing for something that will not happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge