Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,471 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to the Baton Rouge area and it seems the police here are extremely aggressive - almost in a road rage-like fashion. I have witnessed this with the local sheriff, state police, and city officers. I have lived in 4 other states and have never felt so, well, violated and intimidated just for driving down the road. They seem to ignore all posted traffic signs, run up on your back bumper - sometimes tailing for miles without provocation - and then tear off to harass another driver. It is unnerving! I was hoping it was because I had out-of-state plates but I no longer do. Is this normal or am I suddenly a suspicious driver since relocating here? I don't want to think so badly of my local law enforcement officers but I am beginning to. I don't think I would ever call one for help. I'd be too afraid to. Am I imagining things?

Old 04-22-2014, 08:23 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
My father is a Lt with the City Department. He's a prick.

I haven't had any problems, even without mentioning his name. If you don't give them any issues, they are usually fine. I don't know why they would be targeting you specifically, where about do you live? What race?

Old 04-23-2014, 05:04 AM

164 posts, read 282,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
My father is a Lt with the City Department. He's a prick.

I haven't had any problems, even without mentioning his name. If you don't give them any issues, they are usually fine. I don't know why they would be targeting you specifically, where about do you live? What race?
Louisiana cops seem much nicer than other state corps especially city police.

You'll be ignored if your car headlight is broken rather than being pulled over several times for 2 days at another rough state during the road trip..

Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 AM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgz View Post
Louisiana cops seem much nicer than other state corps especially city police.

You'll be ignored if your car headlight is broken rather than being pulled over several times for 2 days at another rough state during the road trip..
Not necessarily. They will pull you over and ticket you for that. Police are police everywhere, same for people.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:26 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,086 times
Louisiana is a police state.

The local sheriffs are politicians and their deputies are basically political appointees. My old drug dealer became a deputy and then was promoted to detective within 2 years because of who his father was.

Unfortunately, many cops in Louisiana are dangerous and should be avoided if possible. Don't give them more information than absolutely necessary.

Louisiana has more cops per capita than any other state and more prisoners as well. The state politicians set it up so that the state pays sheriffs and other campaign contributors to lock people up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
View detailed profiles of: