Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:46 PM

155 posts, read 766,497 times

Advertisements

Sorry my last post had the link deleted. I'm so not advertising ... just trying to help out.

Another complex you might consider is Oakleigh on Perkins. You'll have to deal with Perkins Road construction, but it's really not that big a deal. When we passed the apartments today I noticed a sign that said special deals ... maybe because of the construction? Anyway, I'll add a link and in the event someone removes it search apartments. com. It's within your price range, offers a 7-month lease, but I don't know if dogs are allowed. It's in a VERY convenient location.

url=http://www.apartments.com Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by Sam I Am; 01-05-2008 at 05:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 09:46 AM

Don't bother searching apartments.com. Google "Oakleigh apartments baton rouge" then click on the apartments.com link. That will bring up a page with a number of complexes. Two more in the Perkins Road/Quail Drive vicinity would be Place Du Plantier on Lee Drive and Fairview on College Drive. Lee and College are actually the same street, but the name changes at Perkins Road.

Looks like Mansions in the Park has one floor plan in your price range. That would actually be the complex closest to your employer.

Google your new employment and then check proximity of apartments.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:55 AM

52 posts, read 249,927 times
Well...it *looks* like I will be sub-letting a place at Place Du Plantier. I had contacted them before and they only had 2 bedroom places available (I really don't need an extra bedroom right now). Hopefully, this will all be working out!

Thanks for everyone's help in helping me find an area. Whee...2 weeks and counting!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:07 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,464,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementia View Post
Well...it *looks* like I will be sub-letting a place at Place Du Plantier. I had contacted them before and they only had 2 bedroom places available (I really don't need an extra bedroom right now). Hopefully, this will all be working out!

Thanks for everyone's help in helping me find an area. Whee...2 weeks and counting!
You'll like Place. They've been there a while, but they seem to take care of the place. And they have a volleyball court/clubhouse. Plus, you can get to work fairly easily. I recommend the following shortcut - take Lee to Hyacinth, turn right, then a left at Glasgow. This will take you to Perkins and you'll be 1-2 miles from your work. AND you can avoid the godawful Lee Drive traffic that backs up.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
I recommend the following shortcut - take Lee to Hyacinth, turn right, then a left at Glasgow. This will take you to Perkins and you'll be 1-2 miles from your work. AND you can avoid the godawful Lee Drive traffic that backs up.

Ditto! At least until Rouzan construction begins then the whole area is going to be a traffic nightmare.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyM View Post
Ditto! At least until Rouzan construction begins then the whole area is going to be a traffic nightmare.
What street will the back of Rouzan connect to ?

Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
What street will the back of Rouzan connect to ?

I don't know what the southernmost street would be, but it's supposed to connect on the west to Hyacinth, Dauphine, Mimosa, Arrowhead, Orchid, and Tupelo within Southdowns. Across Perkins to Congress and Moss Side. And in Pollard to North Pointer.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I don't know what the southernmost street would be, but it's supposed to connect on the west to Hyacinth, Dauphine, Mimosa, Arrowhead, Orchid, and Tupelo within Southdowns. Across Perkins to Congress and Moss Side. And in Pollard to North Pointer.
Even though the idea of extra traffic in Southdowns isn't ideal, BR desperately needs a system of connecting streets. The notion of connecting streets works really well in Sherwood Forest and Broadmoor. Yet in the Highland/Perkins corridor, virtually all of the neighborhoods spill out onto the main streets. Which makes the traffic flow a nightmare in that part of town.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Even though the idea of extra traffic in Southdowns isn't ideal, BR desperately needs a system of connecting streets. The notion of connecting streets works really well in Sherwood Forest and Broadmoor. Yet in the Highland/Perkins corridor, virtually all of the neighborhoods spill out onto the main streets. Which makes the traffic flow a nightmare in that part of town.
Not sure how you think that's going to be any different with Rouzan. Traveling a couple blocks on a connecting street still leads you to those same crowded main streets.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Not sure how you think that's going to be any different with Rouzan. Traveling a couple blocks on a connecting street still leads you to those same crowded main streets.
Sure, however, my thought is this: dumping ALL the traffic on Perkins in one/two places would be a disaster. At least with what's being proposed, the traffic load would be better distributed.

And, pragmatically speraking, they're going to put SOMETHING on the Ford property at some point even if Rouzan fails. If Spinosa demonstrates that he's sensitive to Southdowners concerns, I'd rather this development than, say, the inept way they've designed the "street grid" for Perkins Rowe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge