Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:40 PM

369 posts, read 1,638,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylwi View Post
I found that they didn't staff the checkouts very well before 10am on Saturday, which is my big time to shop. They didn't even open the self checkout lanes before a certain time. I got tired of standing in line for 30 minutes after shoping for 20.
Of course, most WalMarts are guilty of this.
lol It's like i say, I hate Walmart with a passion but I don't know where I'd be without them sometimes. There bad about checkout lanes in Baton Rouge. It's funny in SuperWalmart and Target how you can be walking down that main front aisle and checkout lanes go as far as the eye can see but only about 5 are opened. But College Drive Walmart is the easiest for me since I live just a little ways away off perkins and I don't like the one by Siegen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 12:14 PM

6 posts, read 9,858 times
I moving to BTR in a few weeks. My company has has made me a good offer to go. I see a lot of posts from 08 about life, crime and so on there. Whats the latest? I would appreciate any help.. Thanks

Old 01-20-2010, 06:20 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,464,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynej24 View Post
I moving to BTR in a few weeks. My company has has made me a good offer to go. I see a lot of posts from 08 about life, crime and so on there. Whats the latest? I would appreciate any help.. Thanks
Tell us what part of town you're working, what kind of house you're interested in, and/or if schools are an issue, and we'll be able to help !

Old 01-21-2010, 06:21 PM

I am working off Airline Hwy. I am looking for a 1 bedroom or studio in the 8 to 900 range as close to work as possible in a safe area. I know nothing about BTR so its all new to me. I carry a pistol all the time but do not want to be in an area where I have to use it. I have lived in big cities befre so that doesn't bother me. Just want to know whats the best places to stay and what life is like there. Thanks for your response..

Old 01-21-2010, 06:24 PM

Btw.. My child is staying in GA so schools will not be an issue but will visit in the summer.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,738 times
Hello, I am Lacy Baaheth, a local REALTOR in the area. It would be best to determine what you would like to spend. That is what will dictate where you will be in the Baton Rouge area.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:28 AM

I will spend 8 to 900 per month for 1 bedroom or studio.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,431 times
Blue N White Tony Dove Creek Apartments and Devonshire Apartments 1 bedroom around $700 Highland Club Apartments 1 bedroom $825 I searched on Google=BR apt. near Airline Hwy -those who hate us[will have someone hate them for the same reason][brush it off and keep it moving]

Old 01-23-2010, 04:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,431 times
haha true about the checkouts_I love the College Drive Walmart, but there's two [FastCheckout] workers with sucky attitudes. Those tall girls needs Jesus, sheesh you work at Walmart.

*everyone shouts*WE DON'T NEED A WALMART *****!!!
http://blog.karlribas.com/images/walmart-*****.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-23-2010, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the help Tony!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge