Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 01:05 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR_Bound View Post
YIKES -- I didn't mean to start a brawl, drunken or otherwise. I should have been more specific. At 40ish, I'm beyond finding the bar scene interesting and any fellow I'd be interested in probably is too. What I was wondering is if there are many single over-40s in the city or are most folks students or married?Thanks for the heads-up on car insurance and drunk drivers. Good info for a transplant to the area.
Not to worry. No offense intended or taken, I'm sure.

As for car insurance today, it will pay you to shop around. Depending on where you are coming from, the rates here may or may not seem too bad to you. Unfortunately, I'm a senior citizen now, so it's best that I stay with my present carrier, even if another company would offer a lower rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 AM

102 posts, read 332,677 times
I'm in my 40's, single, professional..etc. Purchased a home here 2007 in Hickory Ridge which is between Jefferson Hwy / Tiger Bend and Coursey. Some refer to it as the Shenadoah area. Convienent to both I-10 and I-12 (its in the middle between the two). Things were running in the 200's then (mostly still are) but I do occassionaly see some thing around 165 - 179, usually and estate sale type of thing and only needs interior updating (i.e. Harvest gold kitchens LOL) so a good agent can probably find you something like that. If its been on the market long enough you probably can negoiate it down. Its a buyer's market in the city limits, most times.

I posted earlier on another thread about the singles scene for over 40 people, so watch that one and maybe some good responses will come in.

Welcome to BRLA!

Old 12-04-2008, 07:59 AM

97 posts, read 285,396 times
[quote]
Its a buyer's market in the city limits, most times.

Yes, it is definitely a buyer's market right now. There are some good deals out there. Just gotta find em'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge