Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:51 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,296 times

Advertisements

BRman,

Are the Meetup.com groups active down there? That's a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,465,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
BRman,

Honestly, I've never heard of this group/website until you mentioned it. But I did notice 22 groups when I typed in "Baton Rouge" as a search criterion.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:56 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
Honestly, I've never heard of this group/website until you mentioned it. But I did notice 22 groups when I typed in "Baton Rouge" as a search criterion.
I belong to a couple of groups up here. A great way to at least get together with others who share common interests.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:38 PM

3 posts, read 6,103 times
I would not mind if the few people on here started a group. I would suggest we pick a place, date and time and go from there.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,909,568 times
Mod note: Please keep all personal arrangements and conversations about meeting in person off the public forum. These arrangements should be made via DM to protect everyone's privacy and preserve the forum for general conversations.

Thanks.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:01 AM

12 posts, read 62,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
BRman,

That's what i was going to suggest. Wherever I go (we move a lot because of jobs), I always check out the Meetup.com groups. There must be a group of like-minded people in Baton Rouge.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieQ View Post
Ok, Where does one go to meet people in my age group. I'm looking for active people that aren't couch potato's. I'm also looking for people that are secure in themselves. I have been seperated for about a year and the divorce is almost final (it was friendly, thank God).

I work out regularly and run the lakes out at LSU when I don't have my 3 year old girl.

Someone please help me find this magical place because I'm not having any luck at all.

I don't mind the bar scene but I'm too old to be hanging out in the college bars (Don't want to be "that guy") and the church scene is, well, boring to say the least.

Please help!
I feel the same, I'm 39, separated and the divorce will be final at the end of the yr. I have 2 boys , 4 and 6. Not having to much luck either.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 PM

101 posts, read 261,445 times
I've been in BTR for 2 years now. All of my friendships started at meetup.com events. I don't do a lot of meetup.com events now but will definitely try it again next time I relocate.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:34 AM

151 posts, read 193,826 times
Have you tried http://www.plentyoffish.com/ ?

Old 04-18-2016, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,241 times
For the church groups listed above, you're looking at the older crowd usually, 50+. Journey Singles seem to be a good mix, it's still a small group though, but the leader, Kirk, is a nice humble guy and recently has had some fun outings for the group.

If you're interested at all in dancing, not club dancing, but like ballroom or latin dancing, there are several to get involved with (no children unless they specify):

Saturdaynightballroom.org is once a month. Cajun dancing at the UCT Hall at Florida and Sherwood once a month through CFMA Baton Rouge (intro lesson at 7:15pm). Bryan Jordan Dance has a West Coast Swing dance once a month at Courtney Black's, they serve water only. Salsaardiente.com is a mix between 20s and 30s, I'd say, once a month, water only and they do an intro salsa class at the beginning which is very worth it. Kinda different but fun Louisiana Contra Dance at St Alban's Church, snacks, water and lemonade; quick intro lesson at 4:45pm. Even more different, Louisiana Vintage Dance Tuesday nights at Church of the Way on S. Foster Drive. Tango Lagniappe (argentine tango). There is also Baton Rouge Capoeira, Violet Lotus, and Fleur de Leaf, I have yet to experience.

BRAMBA is a mountain biking club that has a mix of ages. BREC classes. BREC Observatory if you're into astronomy. Louisiana Hiking Club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge