Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:07 AM

1 posts, read 9,188 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm 24, and I want to know if there are any places in Baton Rouge to meet nice GENUINE people around my age? I know there are lots of places in the LSU area. I've noticed that if you aren't into sports and/or you don't drink that much it's hard to talk to young people in this city because that's all they talk about! I don't mind alcohol, but people are so obsessed with getting drunk. We really need more things to do in Baton Rouge. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 07:20 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,466,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartreuseXOXO View Post
Hi! I'm 24, and I want to know if there are any places in Baton Rouge to meet nice GENUINE people around my age? I know there are lots of places in the LSU area. I've noticed that if you aren't into sports and/or you don't drink that much it's hard to talk to young people in this city because that's all they talk about! I don't mind alcohol, but people are so obsessed with getting drunk. We really need more things to do in Baton Rouge. Thanks!
BREC has classes, as does LSU Leisure. And I recall Broadmoor Methodist had an active interdenominational singles group. I'd also look at the Fun section of the Friday Advocate for ideas about things going on.

Baton Rouge is kind of tough if you're single and out of college, but there are still things to do - you just have to be more creative.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:52 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,414 times
Quote:
they're young and shallow. What do you expect? You probably want to get to know some grad students, they're more mature and have more diverse interests.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 9,073 times
Chartreuse, I have been asking myself that same question and I've been here 2 years already. The fact of the matter is that Baton Rouge is loaded with old money and frat-people and it is surrounded by culturally isolated rural communities. The progressive 20-something can find herself a little out of place, but I've met enough of them incidentally that I have come to believe that we just need to assert our presence upon the community. Scour the underground scenes and don't both with the big hangouts. The real ones are hard to find, but they're worth it. (And yes, LSU grad students are a good place to start.)

Old 05-30-2009, 07:42 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,466,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriamsPride View Post
The fact of the matter is that Baton Rouge is loaded with old money and frat-people and it is surrounded by culturally isolated rural communities.
You're somewhat correct. But I do believe that with the universities, government, and the petrochemical plants, we get a more varied mix of people than you'd have in many other places in our state. So it's not like EVRERYONE has ONLY lived in Baon Rouge their entire life.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:09 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriamsPride View Post
and it is surrounded by culturally isolated rural communities.
That's an interesting statement . Would you elaborate ?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 8,788 times
Default Hey

Quote:
Hey, My name is Daniel and I'm 22 and I been trying to find nice friends to hang out with. So if you ever want to get together sometime and just hang out, let me know. I don't live far at all from LSU, if thats where your from. I live about 20 to 25 minutes away!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
. We really need more things to do in Baton Rouge. Thanks!
There is plenty to do in Baton Rouge . What are your hobbies and interests ?

Old 08-22-2009, 06:35 AM

595 posts, read 1,173,630 times
Also the renovation of old downtown BR seem to be bringing in more state workers to the restaurants and bars downtown and some nice outdoor eating places if You can take the heat in the summer.The people downtown seem to be a bit older and more mature.Their is a lot of history down there and it is just know being rejuvenated and their have been some sports activities added down town also.As stated above what are You interested in as far as recreation?

Old 05-14-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel64 View Post
Hello my name is Daniel. I am 25 years old and I am so bored with Baton Rouge. I can't find anyone my age to hang out with. I don't like getting drunk and I don't want to do drugs. Anyone else feel the same way?
Not everybody your age likes to get drunk or do drugs . Figure out what you DO like and seek out like minded people . There are plenty of things to do and people to do it with . You're not looking hard enough .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge