U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:42 PM

34 posts, read 75,589 times
Default Country Club of Louisiana- is it too far away?

Found some nice homes out there but I am worried it is just too far away from everything. Feedback please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 06:25 PM

1,734 posts, read 3,442,365 times
It's definitely a stable, popular subdivision. Many of Baton Rouge's most well-to-do people live there...but it is a pretty good drive from say, Downtown. And having all the Gonzales/Prarieville traffic coming and going that way does not help.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:35 PM

1,357 posts, read 3,586,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laleh View Post
Found some nice homes out there but I am worried it is just too far away from everything. Feedback please.
From downtown (and just about anything except for the Mall of Louisiana), yes - there are many more affluent subdividions to choose from that are closer in. If, say, you worked in NO (and I've heard of people who do this) you can hop onto I-10 at the Highland exit.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:07 PM

Thanks guys. It is just so pretty and I found some great deals. But I hate traffic.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:16 PM

362 posts, read 592,022 times
Having to fight the traffic everyday will make you miserable. There's lots of other places you could look that are more convenient to downtown.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:30 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,917,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laleh View Post
Thanks guys. It is just so pretty and I found some great deals. But I hate traffic.
Then what would ever possess you to move to B. R.?

The CC of LA area is one of the most desirable in the parish, but if you would have commute to downtown during rush hour, then maybe a condo close to work would be a better choice for you if you hate traffic as much as I do. I'm retired, though, so I'm not forced to get out there when traffic is so bad.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:59 PM

794 posts, read 2,264,030 times
I'd only like it out there if I was going to spend equal time in NOLA. Otherwise, no, I would not commute from the outside.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:52 PM

362 posts, read 592,022 times
Laleh, have you looked at Riverbend Subdivision? It's rather close to LSU and it seems to be a nice family neighborhood. I don't think it would be a bad commute to downtown, you could just hop on River Road and be downtown in no time. There are some nice-looking homes in there (but I am not really familiar with the area, so maybe someone else will have a more informed opinion). I wish I could help more, but I'm not too sure what you are looking for, other than the little I've read on here the past few months. I hope you find someplace you like.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 AM

887 posts, read 1,879,896 times
Yeah, I'd live closer to LSU than out in CCLA. The homes are surprisingly cheap in CCLA.. about the same as other nice places closer to Downtown/LSU.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbean View Post
Laleh, have you looked at Riverbend Subdivision? It's rather close to LSU and it seems to be a nice family neighborhood. I don't think it would be a bad commute to downtown, you could just hop on River Road and be downtown in no time. There are some nice-looking homes in there (but I am not really familiar with the area, so maybe someone else will have a more informed opinion). I wish I could help more, but I'm not too sure what you are looking for, other than the little I've read on here the past few months. I hope you find someplace you like.
never heard of it but will investigate. thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge