Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 01:12 AM

4 posts, read 9,585 times

Advertisements

I will be working off of Florida Blvd. (Mid city area) and I'm looking for a nice safe, comfortable apartment complex within 8 miles from work. I Looked at some of these apartments: Millennium Towne Center, The Regent (Millerville), Bristol Place (Siegen) and The Park on Bluebonnet.
Can anyone tell me how these places stack up and how is the commute from any of these areas, when I'd have to be at work at 9 or 10 am?
Or could you make some great recommendations for 1 bedroom apartments that are in great areas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 02:50 PM

794 posts, read 3,343,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topbillen View Post
I will be working off of Florida Blvd. (Mid city area) and I'm looking for a nice safe, comfortable apartment complex within 8 miles from work. I Looked at some of these apartments: Millennium Towne Center, The Regent (Millerville), Bristol Place (Siegen) and The Park on Bluebonnet.
Can anyone tell me how these places stack up and how is the commute from any of these areas, when I'd have to be at work at 9 or 10 am?
Or could you make some great recommendations for 1 bedroom apartments that are in great areas?

Millennium is the closest and the most expensive to Florida/Midcity. One bedrooms run $1000+. The area is great though. Next to Towne Center and the easiest commute to MidCity.
Bristol looks nice, but personally I think it would be a hassle negotiating Siegen Lane most hours of the day, especially in the afternoon. Otherwise, I don't know much else about the property, it's relatively new.
The Park on Bluebonnet seems nice, reasonably priced (I think around $800 or so for a 1 br now. It's very close to Perkins Rowe. Nice area.
The Regents are off of I-12. They look nice. Otherwise I don't know very much about the property. As I live close to MidCity now, I wouldn't move that far out to commute to downtown, so I don't bother with it. The area is pretty good though. As are all of the areas you mention.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:20 PM

101 posts, read 260,123 times
I'd suggest staying away from The Park on Bluebonnet. I have a friend who lives there and is having bad experience after bad experience -- all related to complex management. (I wasn't terribly impressed with the leasing agents when I went for a tour.) Also, the traffic is terrible. There are several good, affordable, charming places on Jefferson Highway. Jefferson Place condos and Maison Bocage are both really nice. The Millennium is really nice but pretty sterile to me.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 AM

8 posts, read 27,659 times
Have you checked out apartmentratings.com? Read the posts but make your decision based on whats important to you. People like to complain a lot about silly things. For example, I don't care if the office staff is friendly, but I do care if they can't get things fixed for you in a timely manner. I live in the Bluebonnet/Perkins/Siegen area and traffic is really bad right now bc they are redoing the road at the intersection of Bluebonnet and Perkins. Even before this the traffic is bad coming down Bluebonnet from Coursey/Airline. My husband commutes to the Airline/Florida area and it takes him about 30 min in the morning down Siegen. In the evening though it may take him closer to an hour to get home (down Siegen or Bluebonnet). I think the Millerville apartments would be a much better commute time than this area. The Millenium apartments though are in my favorite part of Baton Rouge (Towne Center off of Corporate). The shops and restaurants are great. This probably would also be the best commute time. Also if you want to kind of look at the area use Google maps. They have that street view option and you can get 360 views of streets. Just drag the orange man on the left onto the street and you can browse down the streets just like you are driving it. Hope this helps.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:41 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,442,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR_Bound View Post
I'd suggest staying away from The Park on Bluebonnet. I have a friend who lives there and is having bad experience after bad experience -- all related to complex management. (I wasn't terribly impressed with the leasing agents when I went for a tour.) Also, the traffic is terrible. There are several good, affordable, charming places on Jefferson Highway. Jefferson Place condos and Maison Bocage are both really nice. The Millennium is really nice but pretty sterile to me.
You know, I had someone tell me today that after Gustav, the mgmt at the Parks dragged their feet on roof repairs. And every time it rained, this person got water in the living room and bathroom.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,028 times
The Regent is the best place in town. I lived at Bristol Place and the Reserve at Cedar Lodge and they were both ok but the upper management sucked. The Regent has the best security in town, the best over all fitness center in town plus a full service car wash, nature trail and the option of your own private garage.

Last edited by knoxgarden; 09-10-2009 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: spam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
View detailed profiles of: