U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:06 PM

1,357 posts, read 3,611,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikness View Post
BRMan, we are actually narrowed down to 4 places now, 2 of which you mentioned: Highland Plantation on Highland Rd, Place du Plantier on Lee Dr, Cobblestone at Essen on Essen Ln, and The Warwick on Jefferson Hwy. I'll be calling these places today so hopefully our search will soon be over! I'm really excited! You all have been so helpful! Thank you!!!
Glad to be of help. Some final thoughts:

- You may not like Highland Plantation - very close to LSU, but lots of students there
- Place Duplantier of the 4 semifinalists is the best in terms of closeness to LSU, and it has a mixture of employed people and students
- Cobblestone was refurbished (I think) about a decade ago, and is reasonably close to LSU - gotta watch the Essen traffic, though
- Warwick is in a decent part of town, but will be the longest commtue to LSU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 05:17 PM

1,715 posts, read 1,936,242 times
Good luck.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:48 AM

96 posts, read 242,523 times
Quote:
BRMan, we are actually narrowed down to 4 places now, 2 of which you mentioned: Highland Plantation on Highland Rd, Place du Plantier on Lee Dr, Cobblestone at Essen on Essen Ln, and The Warwick on Jefferson Hwy. I'll be calling these places today so hopefully our search will soon be over! I'm really excited! You all have been so helpful! Thank you!!!
Highland Plantation and Place du Plantier are 99.9% college students, and therefore will be pretty loud and I heard Highland Plantation has had a lot of crime since Katrina, from people from N.O. moving in there. I'm not sure if they've moved back out yet or not. PDP seems nice and has good floorplans, but again it will have it's share of partiers. I don't know much about Cobblestone at Essen, except that traffic WILL be congested for a good portion of the day. I looked into the Warwick and it's very overpriced for what you get.

If you want to be near LSU, but don't want a loud, partier complex, try Courtyard Orleans in Tigerland. Some people think Tigerland is bad, but I have lived here for about 6 months now and have never had a problem or felt unsafe. Courtyard Orleans is gated and in the back of Tigerland. Half of it is condos and half apartments, so it isn't entirely LSU students, and the LSU students who do live here are quiet (like me). They were also all recently remodelled and all have their own washer/dryer.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:07 AM

19 posts, read 37,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikness View Post

To answer your questions: My stepmom built a house on wooddale it is pretty quiet over there. Savoy has a big mix of people living there, but I've always noticed police on duty. I had a friend who lived on Bayou Fountain from 04-early 07 and it was a college crowd and the townhouses were generally quiet. I hate Highland Plantation well visiting there anyway because they run out of parking very quickly. Cobblestone at Essen is nice, and I don't know about the other two if you are working at LSU traffic from these areas may be an issue. Lee dr, and Essen can both be unbearable at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge