Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:17 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,411,780 times

Advertisements

[quote=fbbertusa;12577628]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatonRougeToday View Post
Not a moving violation. I give them all the time [/quote

NOT MUCH TO BRAG ABOUT!!! IT'S SO EASY A CAVE MAN COULD DO IT!!! I M O ,LET ME WORRY ABOUT THE SEAT BELT AND YOU TAKE CARE OF THE DRUNK AND IMPAIRED DRIVERS,SPEEDERS,CAR THIEF'S AND DRUG SMUGGLERS.
Don't forget all of those neanderthals that use their cell phones while driving. These people should be liable for all damages they cause in an accident. Many of them will not have insurance so they'll probably be hit-and-run perpetrators too.

Of course, cell phone users while driving who kill someone are guilty of negligent homicide, and should serve prison terms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 12:15 PM

595 posts, read 1,172,900 times
[quote=Rosinante;12617535]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post

Don't forget all of those neanderthals that use their cell phones while driving. These people should be liable for all damages they cause in an accident. Many of them will not have insurance so they'll probably be hit-and-run perpetrators too.

Of course, cell phone users while driving who kill someone are guilty of negligent homicide, and should serve prison terms.
I had an after thought and added them in my next post .

Old 01-28-2010, 08:19 PM

24 posts, read 113,749 times
Well, fbbertusa, YOU should have to go out and clean up after a few folks that got in wrecks without seatbelts.
Maybe you should attend a few autopsies of little kids that we have had to pick up out of the road because their parents thought that seatbelt laws are stupid.

Four of my family members were killed by a truck driver in 2001 after he slightly hit another truck. That initial impact threw him over into the passenger side seat, therefore he could not DRIVE his 45,000 pound truck while it ran over my family's minivan. We had to bury a three year old without his parents being able to ever see him again because he was too messed up to open his casket because a professional truck driver didn't believe in wearing a seat belt.

So, unless you have a plan to operate your car while its still moving, after you have been ejected, Stop giving him grief for doing his job enforcing a law THAT WORKS.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:03 PM

595 posts, read 1,172,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneevans1 View Post
Well, fbbertusa, YOU should have to go out and clean up after a few folks that got in wrecks without seatbelts.
Maybe you should attend a few autopsies of little kids that we have had to pick up out of the road because their parents thought that seatbelt laws are stupid.

Four of my family members were killed by a truck driver in 2001 after he slightly hit another truck. That initial impact threw him over into the passenger side seat, therefore he could not DRIVE his 45,000 pound truck while it ran over my family's minivan. We had to bury a three year old without his parents being able to ever see him again because he was too messed up to open his casket because a professional truck driver didn't believe in wearing a seat belt.

So, unless you have a plan to operate your car while its still moving, after you have been ejected, Stop giving him grief for doing his job enforcing a law THAT WORKS.
Sir there is nothing I can say that would ever change Your opinion and even if You had not endured this terrible ordeal I would still respect Your opinion.Everyone has there own experience with life and death and it's a shame that it is taken so lightly.I do wear a seat belt every time I get in the car.I believe so strong about wearing them that I put an Aftermarket Shoulder Harness System in My truck.I also think a drivers Lic. Should be more difficult to get and not be eligible given out untill You are 21yrs of age it should be a privilege and not a right. Nothing can bring Your family back I am very sorry for Your loss.I have been there different circumstances.The technology to prevent these types of incidents is out there but it is an expense to the Trucking Co., Minor expense I M O .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge