Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 07:19 PM

501 posts, read 1,295,947 times

Advertisements

oops, didn't mean thread, meant last post on the OT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 04:28 PM

174 posts, read 430,606 times
Example:
Temp = 66; Barometer = 29.9; Humidity = 79; overcast

THATS the sucky weather pattern we get in and along the N Cal coast, today, and every other day like it!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:50 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,757,898 times
As for the cold nights in Redmond/Bend, that is a unique feature of the Oregon high desert. I think it has to do with the low humidities, sparse vegetation, elevation, and cold air pooling in places, but it is rather shocking how low the morning temps can get there in spring and fall "shoulder seasons." Some of the coldest temperatures in the US. I personally alway found that a slight negative about Bend. Temps in the 20s in mid September seems pretty harsh to me. But like many things climatological, one adjusts I suppose. I love the landscapes of all of central and eastern Oregon, so much elbow room!

Old 07-20-2010, 11:18 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,686,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
As for the cold nights in Redmond/Bend, that is a unique feature of the Oregon high desert. I think it has to do with the low humidities, sparse vegetation, elevation, and cold air pooling in places, but it is rather shocking how low the morning temps can get there in spring and fall "shoulder seasons." Some of the coldest temperatures in the US. I personally alway found that a slight negative about Bend. Temps in the 20s in mid September seems pretty harsh to me. But like many things climatological, one adjusts I suppose. I love the landscapes of all of central and eastern Oregon, so much elbow room!
Fiddlehead, that was one of the biggest shockers for me. I moved from a desert climate in Western CO so the dry, barren landscape was familiar, but those low temps have been harder to adjust to. My husband always jokes that it reminds him of the days we lived at 10,000 feet in a CO mountain town! I think if anything, the older I get, the harder it is to get used to!

Old 07-23-2010, 01:59 PM

174 posts, read 430,606 times
Default what are the parameters?

I have lately been watching the humidity here in N Ca. Today, it is at 79, and the barometer is at 29.76...

Is that close?

Old 07-27-2010, 12:39 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,686,764 times
Monsoonal thunderstorms have made there way into Central Oregon. We've had rain, hail, lightening, and fires and I have to say it's a welcome thing for me (well, except the fires)! I really miss a good monsoonal thunderstorm and so I'll take it!

Old 07-27-2010, 05:21 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,757,898 times
Very nice. We are having thunder down here in Ashland too. Not too much rain yet. I suspect we will get a few fires out of this, we always seem to. I too love a good monsoon thunderstorm!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,692 times
Default Weather in Bend

OK, I have been considering moving to Bend. I spent a week there and really liked it. But the weather thing is really confusing, I heard that it is sunny there 340 days out of the year. Lots of [SIZE=3]discrepancies????????

[/SIZE]

Old 11-15-2010, 12:09 PM

758 posts, read 2,371,136 times
"I heard that it is sunny there 340 days out of the year"

Um, no.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:45 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,277,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debg5150 View Post
OK, I have been considering moving to Bend. I spent a week there and really liked it. But the weather thing is really confusing, I heard that it is sunny there 340 days out of the year. Lots of [SIZE=3]discrepancies????????

[/SIZE]

I've never, ever heard anyone propagate the idea of 340 days of sunshine. I've heard at most 300 (which the city government seems to spew-out). 300 is an exaggeration for sure. From my research there is about 240-270ish which, to what I used to -North East-, is an amazing amount of sunshine. Now, if you're like Delta and you're from Colorado, you might find this to be a little cloudy comparably.

Also, from my limited experience and over-research there seems to be two distinct weather extremes in Bend. You have two months of guaranteed cold/snow -Dec & Jan- and two months of guarantee hot and sunny weather -July & August-. Excluding these 4 months, the temperatures are pretty unpredictable which makes sense at the altitude/proximity to the range.

---
To help sum up my thoughts: The amount of sunshine (in an objective sense) seems to be relative to where you hail from....Which leads me to. Where are you moving from? This might help put the sunshine levels in some perspective....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend