Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 PM

91 posts, read 207,211 times

Advertisements

I know it's a long shot but I thought I'd put it out here as most of the craiglist ads are scams.
I'm looking for a 2-3 bedroom home in Redmond area or nearby.
I have 2 outdoor cats, one small 15 lb dog and a small chicken coop with 4 chickens.
If anyone knows of any or knows someone who might be looking to rent their home, please let me know.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 11:02 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,336,622 times
Most of Craig's List are not Scams. Try again.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,689,504 times
Most people use CL these days because it is free and gets a ton of exposure. When we first moved to Bend, we rented a house we found on CL, sight unseen. I just did a little research on the owner, found out they were legit, and met with them to secure the place. Yes, there can be scammers out there on CL, but my experience proves otherwise.

There are only a few regular posters here on the Bend forum, and of those, only 1 or 2 have properties to rent. I think you will have far better luck looking on CL or checking out property management companies than you will on City-Data.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 AM

Oh I'm still searching craigslist. I'm just tired of the "we're in africa, we'll mail you the keys, just send us money" blah blah blah. Never hurts to ask around.

And the place I'm in now I found on CL too. The landlord is just a jerk.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,336,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clogan98 View Post
... ... I'm just tired of the "we're in africa, we'll mail you the keys, just send us money" blah blah blah. ... ...
How many of these have "You" actually had?

Old 02-21-2013, 11:29 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Virtually every landlord and all the property management companies in Central Oregon advertise their vacancies on Craigslist.

If you are finding rental scams in the Bend craigslist you are working darn hard to do so. This is not the area where the overseas con men post ads. They do respond to ads, though, so I suppose if you are posting rental wanted ads, you might get some bad responses.

What is your rental amount? What breed is the dog? Are their smokers or dopers in your household? Do you have adequate income to pay the rent? Are you Section 8? How about criminal record? Any evictions on your record? How is your credit? Are you moving with a good landlord reference?

Just asking, in case I can point out a different reason that you can't find a rental, other than the fact that the Nigerians are out to get you.

Also, you are very unlikely to be able to find a rental inside the city limits which will allow you to have chickens.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
How many of these have "You" actually had?
Have I personally had? A lot. Here's the latest. Please don't insinuate I'm lying.
Hello
Thanks for getting back,My name is Henriquez, we are Family of five, family oriented,
Christian and we are neat people,We are looking for responsible and neat tenant for our single family home that can take good care of our house. I moved to Dover DE after having a surgery to live with my family to get help from them in raising my kids so I decided to rent out my home,No extra charge on pets because we also love pets.

I've listed the house for sale and I am ready to take it off the market once I get someone who is ready to rent it because I will need the house after 4 years.
You can only drive by the house as I don't have anyone to show you the inside, I will send you the inside pictures so that you can see what the inside of my house looks like because I am not dealing with a realtor concerning the renting of my house as I don't have to pay one and that's why the rent is low and the lower rent should be in exchange for the proper care of my house since I wont be around to take care of my home for a period of time.

My home is in good location with a conducive and good environment to raise kids I also want you to know that my home is in good shape and everything in my home is working perfectly, my home already has amenities such as the refrigerator, dish washer, washer and dryer with hook ups, stove and gas cooker, all the utilities are also included in the month rent such has gas, electricity, water, garbage and the internet.

If you are still interested in my home I will send you the address of my house, the inside pictures and also send you the application form and once you put down the security deposit I will mail you the keys of the house and have it delivered to you through USPS next day delivery service , I will also email you the lease agreement once you are ready to sign it.

Note: Your deposit is refundable if you are not interested after receiving the keys and viewing the inside.

Below is my family picture.

Thanks
Henriquez

Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM

And I just thought I'd ask here because last time I did, I actually got some responses. But I see that everyone is just looking to start an argument now. CDF has gone downhill.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,689,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clogan98 View Post
And I just thought I'd ask here because last time I did, I actually got some responses. But I see that everyone is just looking to start an argument now. CDF has gone downhill.
I'm not arguing with you here. I was just offering my opinion, especially regarding Craigslist. I have no doubt you were finding some inquiries scams. The good thing is that you recognize this and aren't actually getting scammed. My advice was just that, advice. I didn't think city-data would be a good place to find a rental based on my 6 years of reading and posting here. That's all. Interpret it how you wish. Best of luck in finding a new place to live.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 AM

No delta, I didn't mean you. I appreciated your comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
View detailed profiles of: