Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 12:49 AM

150 posts, read 215,363 times

Advertisements

Wow, maybe I shouldn't have asked my final question, didn't realize it would open such a can of worms just to find out about where to watch a football game. Lol

Just to be 100% clear so you everyone can sleep soundly, I will NOT have the baby, nor anyone else's baby, or kids of any age, or dogs, cats, goldfish or any other forms of breathing life along with me, just a dude watchin' his favorite football team hopefully cream their newly hated rivals. I will probably purchase a couple beers and maybe some nachos or something over a three hour time-period (hopefully this is okay with people) and to be honest I doubt I'll even have the car cause the wife will probably need it for the baby.

I'll do my best not to take a stray step on my walk back to the rental and squish any unsuspecting bugs

Oh, and a cold one on the back deck hear in an abnormally humid 90 degree Seattle afternoon was quite nice can't wait for vacation in a couple days!!!

Last edited by Greener_Pastures; 09-12-2013 at 01:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 11:07 AM

775 posts, read 1,259,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I love eating in Bend, I don't think much of people who think it is ok to drag a child into a place that serves booze, just so they can hammer a few glasses of wine before dinner, and during dinner, and after dinner, or pound a few pounders over pizza. An then unless they walked or take public transportation, they are going to take that very same child or children and get in their car and drive off. Of course we all know those kids are in no danger from mommy or daddy with a few drinks in them driving impaired. Right?

By-the-way, the OP never said they were taking a baby into a bar. He said Mommy was keeping Baby and he was going to watch the Sea Hawks, unless he posted it somewhere else.
"Booze is Booze, and a baby in a gin joint no matter how you dress it up is bad parenting."

So why call it out as a bad parenting choice when no one even brought it up? You must be bored and are talking in circles

Old 09-14-2013, 08:07 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
"Booze is Booze, and a baby in a gin joint no matter how you dress it up is bad parenting."

So why call it out as a bad parenting choice when no one even brought it up? You must be bored and are talking in circles

I never get bored. I think my comment was pretty direct. No circles here.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:10 AM

722 posts, read 1,353,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I never get bored. I think my comment was pretty direct. No circles here.
Yes, directly related to your own needs and opinions and not about the OP's question.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:57 PM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
OP are you in Bend yet? If you are and it is one of the hot days, the Tumalo State park day use areas has a lovely beach with shallow water, suitable for wading for a baby girl; or at least dipping her feet.

That is a lovely place for a picnic.

OP didn't say anything about taking the baby to a bar, but as a generalization, I agree with Steve. Bars are no place for children. Although it would be a better place than it used to be because there is now no smoking.

A place where you go for some other reason that happens to serve drinks (restaurant, sports event) is a lot different than taking a child to a place where the only purpose is drinking alcohol.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:44 PM

2,542 posts, read 4,002,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
OP are you in Bend yet? If you are and it is one of the hot days, the Tumalo State park day use areas has a lovely beach with shallow water, suitable for wading for a baby girl; or at least dipping her feet.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
A place where you go for some other reason that happens to serve drinks (restaurant, sports event) is a lot different than taking a child to a place where the only purpose is drinking alcohol.
Obviously. But Steve was talking about the dire consequences of vising the local pizza parlor and suggesting any establishment that serves alcohol is a gin joint.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:54 PM

No I wasn't. I don't care if it is your back yard or living room. If you swill an adult beverage and then put a kid in the car with you, you are a bad parent.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:57 AM

150 posts, read 215,363 times
We are here!! Might have to check out that lake/beach. We were planning on going out to the falls over there anyway. Also planning on a hike out by Smith Rock, maybe a day trip up to Cascade Lakes/Bachelor, heading down to the black glass lava flows, and maybe a trip to the High Desert Museum. Also plenty of time will be spent downtown with shopping and restaurants.

Looking forward to a fun week!!

Old 09-17-2013, 03:10 PM

Welcome and enjoy Bend and area.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:25 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,718 times
Somebody please come to the Portland forums and take Steve back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend