Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,981,186 times

Advertisements

Update on my list from the lunch thread.

Best European influenced fine dining -

Trattoria Sbandati | Juri Sbandati

Ariana Restaurant

Jen's Garden located in Sisters is great for romantic dinners.

Best Steakhouse (My favorite steak is a filet special served at Trattoria Sbandati with the ribeye at the Blacksmith or Brickhouse coming in 2nd).

Brickhouse Bend

The Blacksmith Steakhouse, Bar and Lounge Be aware that the Blacksmith has live music on some nights. Best to call first if you want a quiet dining experience.

Best Pizza

Pizza Mondo, Voted Bend's Best Pizza for 15 Years in a row

Best margaritas and Nouveau Peruvian Cuisine (Eastside location is great - haven't tried the others)

Hola! Oregon

Best BBQ

Baldy's BBQ | Baldy's Barbeque

Great Burgers and Fish n Chips

West Side | Pilot Butte Drive-In

Home made chocolates and scrumptious deserts including chocolate fondue!

Bend d'Vine Chocolate Café & Wine Bar - Bend, Oregon

Breakfast and lunch favorites with my family

CHOW

The Victorian Cafe

The Original Pancake House

Favorite Wine Cafe

Portello Winecafe

Best beer selections -

Broken Top Bottle Shop and Ale Cafe, which also has very good food, a local hangout, and my favorite place to stop in for a brew.

Platypus Pub Food here too but I haven't tried it yet. As far as I know the biggest beer selection in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 09:12 AM

351 posts, read 1,279,707 times
I have very mixed reviews for Baldy's BBq

I have only visited the east side location...... out of 4 times that I have visited, Only ONCE have we had good service and good food.
The other 3 times, the service was very bad.... and I mean really bad. The BBq portion of the food was either dried out or just warm (like it had been sitting around) or both dried out and just warm.

However the BBq beans were one the best I have ever had, and the cole slaw was very good.

My thoughts on The Original Pancake House
This place has the best Pancakes I have ever had!
But that is where it ends...... all other regular breakfast items are average at best.... and the entire menu is over-priced.

Pizza Mondo
I have only been to pizza mondo once, and have to say it was very good... Defiantly worth a try.

Pilot Butte Drive-In
Here is another place that I think is over-priced, But I also think they have a GREAT burger.... Again, Defiantly worth a try if you want a real diner-style hamburger.

Thank You BendLocal for your thoughts on Bend area dinning, It is nice to see reviews of local restaurants.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 AM

722 posts, read 1,346,531 times
On a solo trip to Bend all of next week and will be eating out most meals.

Certainly going back to Chow and will try Victoria's on this trip.

My 8 year old loved Baldy's BBQ on our summer trip (west side location and we had take out).

Since I will be traveling without a baby what are favorite dine and beer locations? Other than Broken Top mentioned above?

Old 09-18-2013, 09:49 AM

My review of Baldy's is for the Westside location. Great ribs, pulled pork, smoked chicken, and turkey burgers. Service has always been prompt. I haven't tried the Eastside location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
Since I will be traveling without a baby what are favorite dine and beer locations? Other than Broken Top mentioned above?
What type of food and beer are your favorites?

Old 09-18-2013, 11:34 AM

722 posts, read 1,346,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
My review of Baldy's is for the Westside location. Great ribs, pulled pork, smoked chicken, and turkey burgers. Service has always been prompt. I haven't tried the Eastside location.

What type of food and beer are your favorites?
Diet is "mostly" fish and seafood dishes, like hot and spicy foods prepared well, not a regular beer drinker, yet I will be in Bend where Beer is King so will plan on a beer or two a day.

Prefer darker beers, I have no interest in heavy drinking, so would like to go to a place that offers a beer flight / sampler to get a sense for which local brews will be my favorites.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Diet is "mostly" fish and seafood dishes, like hot and spicy foods prepared well, not a regular beer drinker, yet I will be in Bend where Beer is King so will plan on a beer or two a day.
The Brickhouse is great for fresh fish selections. Trattoria Sbandati has a fish dish prepped Italian style that is very tasty. And the Eastside Hola's has a few fish options that we enjoy. Anthony's is another place with a big selection but I haven't visited in a couple of years.

Quote:
Prefer darker beers, I have no interest in heavy drinking, so would like to go to a place that offers a beer flight / sampler to get a sense for which local brews will be my favorites.
I think most of the breweries have a sampler but if you like darks then you may not be happy with a sampler which might only have 1 or 2 darker brews on it. Find your personal preference for hops which is measured in IBUs and use that as a guide when trying local beers.

A short list of local darker brews -

10 Barrel Sinistor Black Ale
Cascade Lakes 20" Brown Ale
Deschutes Black Butte Porter
Deschutes Obsidian Stout
Deschutes The Abyss (11%)
Deschutes Black Butte XXV (11%)

Last edited by BendLocal; 09-18-2013 at 12:20 PM..

Old 09-18-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
My 8 year old loved Baldy's BBQ on our summer trip (west side location and we had take out).
All this talk of BBQ caused a craving I had to satisfy with Baldy's. Darn good as usual.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:26 AM

1,337 posts, read 3,265,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
All this talk of BBQ caused a craving I had to satisfy with Baldy's. Darn good as usual.
New food cart just opened up shop in the parking lot of Mountain Supply near the Old Mill:

All real deal deep southern style BBQ. No direct fire grilling none sense

I've only had the chance to try their pulled pork sandwich. It was pretty good.

There's a few new restaurants that have recently opened up recently.

Last edited by kapetrich; 07-30-2014 at 11:39 AM..

Old 08-12-2014, 09:23 AM

In our family Drake is now the favorite for Burgers.

http://www.drakebend.com/

Old 08-12-2014, 01:46 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,264,225 times
Moderator cut: links are fineI like the Blacksmith Steak House over on Greenwood and Harriman. I love the Cajon Beef Medallions.

Last edited by delta07; 08-12-2014 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: Comment unnecessary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend