Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 02:24 PM

8 posts, read 9,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
38 years of changes and observations... mostly I have heard folks don't have enough money to stay.

Good luck on your fund raising.
Thanks it's been going ok. I have to leave town to get more $ then I keep coming back. I must be doing it wrong. :-》
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 12:55 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,278,516 times
Another thing that makes Bend extremely unique to me is our spring. Not only do we get days in the 60's and sunny, but we also get weeks like this upcoming where it will be in the 50's and upper 40's with clouds. This is unique for me because not only do we get spring sunny days in town to enjoy 'spring' activities and ski Mt. Bachelor in 'pleasant' conditions, but we also get spring powder days.

This is unique to me because most other ski areas around the country have already closed or are in the process of closing.

This is Mt. Bachelors weather report for tonight:

I paddle the river and biked around town without a jacket last week...this week I'll be skiing deep-ish powder. Hard to beat if you enjoy variety!

Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 AM

8 posts, read 9,957 times
Didnt see that much new but still fresh is nice. Make a few turns 4 me. Sat. Jerry lopez comp.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:42 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,278,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coguy View Post
Didnt see that much new but still fresh is nice. Make a few turns 4 me. Sat. Jerry lopez comp.
Yep, it didn't snow nearly as much as they were predicting - only 3 inches over Monday night. Seems to be normal in my experience with NOAA reports on Mt. Bachelor. They tend to over estimate.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:59 PM

722 posts, read 1,353,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetrich View Post
Yep, it didn't snow nearly as much as they were predicting - only 3 inches over Monday night. Seems to be normal in my experience with NOAA reports on Mt. Bachelor. They tend to over estimate.

Yes I have observed that as well. I can see from the Bachelor Web Cams it has been snowing there much of the day so late season conditions should continue to improve. At this point in the year any rain or snow is good news with the continuing drought conditions.

Buy the way I agree with your earlier post that having snow and spring so close are certainly attractive and unique to me.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:40 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,926,264 times
It was Dumping on Hood about 8 oclock yesterday morning!

Old 04-29-2014, 09:48 PM

2,542 posts, read 4,002,944 times
Bachelor got more snow during the last week. Now with the warmer temps it probably turns to the wet heavy stuff and then - with a bit of luck - to perfect corn for spring skiing in May!

Old 04-30-2014, 12:35 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
It's Dumping Sunshine, over here in southwest Oregon......

............hummers are all around...

Old 05-02-2014, 10:38 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,689,504 times
Here's another reason why we chose to relocate to Bend. Some chain restaurants have hard time in C.O. | News - Home

We love all the local dining options, and love the healthy foods that can be found. Where we lived previously, chains were predominate. There were some independently owned establishments, but by and far, most people I knew wouldn't eat at them. It's just about opposite here!

Old 05-02-2014, 11:43 AM

722 posts, read 1,353,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
Here's another reason why we chose to relocate to Bend. Some chain restaurants have hard time in C.O. | News - Home

We love all the local dining options, and love the healthy foods that can be found. Where we lived previously, chains were predominate. There were some independently owned establishments, but by and far, most people I knew wouldn't eat at them. It's just about opposite here!
I totally agree. The local food scene for a small town is one of my big attractions to Bend. Here where I am in VA there are a few local places that serve mostly "country cookin" not my interest at all. The big industrial chains all have waiting lines. Even fast food places like Chipotle have long wait lines at lunch and dinner times. Can't wait to get to Bend fulltime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend