U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 06:53 PM

1,337 posts, read 2,680,363 times

Advertisements

I have a jacket that needs some minor repair. It's Mountain Hardware. I know I can send it into the company for a 'free' repair, but I've done that in the past with North Face and it took months. Something I want to avoid.

Anyone know of a place or a person who does this type of work in town?

The broken bit: The bungie portion at the base broke off while skiing and has since totally unraveled. It's not a big deal in the summer, but it'd be helpful to cinch off the bottom of the jacket in powder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 07:31 PM

2,358 posts, read 2,833,147 times
Check with Bend Alterations - we use them to put heavier scuff guards on ski pants.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:14 AM

3,296 posts, read 8,198,863 times
My neighbor used to work for REI and I believe they have a few places they recommend. Might be worth asking them or one of the other outdoor shops in town. I sew but outdoor gear is tricky and requires industrial machines!

Moderator for: Oregon; Bend

Old 07-23-2014, 11:18 AM

Great advice, Delta. I called REI up and they outsource their in house rentals to Rugged Thread which is a local company!

Rugged Thread | Rip-Repair-Rewear

BendLocal, Bend Alterations would work, too, but this is Rugged Threads specialty so I'm going with her!

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Edit: Rugged Wear is open to texting appointments. WOW. To my generation, this makes things MUCH easier. Very savvy.

Last edited by kapetrich; 07-23-2014 at 11:54 AM..

Old 07-23-2014, 11:54 AM

2,358 posts, read 2,833,147 times
Nice find. Please post a report when you get your jacket back.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:29 PM

8,006 posts, read 13,824,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetrich View Post
Great advice, Delta. I called REI up and they outsource their in house rentals to Rugged Thread which is a local company!

Rugged Thread | Rip-Repair-Rewear

BendLocal, Bend Alterations would work, too, but this is Rugged Threads specialty so I'm going with her!

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Edit: Rugged Wear is open to texting appointments. WOW. To my generation, this makes things MUCH easier. Very savvy.

If that is the place out past the LDS Church they did a backpack strap for me. Good People. It seems to me it was in a house.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
If that is the place out past the LDS Church they did a backpack strap for me. Good People. It seems to me it was in a house.
Everything Steve wrote is true.

Just got my jacket back as she went on vacation the day I dropped it off for repair. It's at her house where she has a front work shop that is very professional.

She texts, she has great customer service annnnnd she's just a regular Bendite living life!

I can tell the repair is well done since I can't even tell what she did.......

I highly recommend Rugged Wear for outdoor adventure gear repairs!

Old 08-07-2014, 04:26 PM

8,006 posts, read 13,824,572 times
It's all good when it works out, but some are above and beyond, and this is one of those places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend