Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2016, 06:10 AM

37 posts, read 107,740 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a safe clean storage unit facility in either Bend or Redmond - just looking for a safe facility for my stuff for a few months, anyone have any luck or bad experiences with one vs another?

You can DM me if needed, otherwise post, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 06:18 PM

812 posts, read 1,061,747 times
I am also trying to figure out some transition logistics that might need a moderate sized storage unit(approx 10x10x10feet or so) for a few months to a year, in Northwest Bend.
I know there are a couple of facilities there. Any feedback, good or bad?
Please PM me if forum rules doesn't allow feedback on a business. Thanks!

Old 04-12-2016, 01:13 AM

10,065 posts, read 7,237,863 times
Storage units are actually not easy to come by. I recommend just calling around and putting your name on a waiting list.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:02 AM

32,645 posts, read 48,028,221 times
You might have to take whatever is available. It's rumored that they are all full.

From the outside, they all look about the same, a sort of small metal box with a lock that you lock with your own lock. Although there is a very pretty on on the highway in Redmond, on the south end of town. It looks like there might be management living on-site. I don't know the name, but it would be easy to find. It's large and green and white.

I think prices are a bit lower in Redmond. Prices are lower still in Crooked River Ranch, but that is not convenient if you will go back and forth to your storage unit. If you intend to park your stuff and never see it again until you move it to its final destination, CRR would work OK and there is a slightly better chance of finding a vacancy.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:47 AM

812 posts, read 1,061,747 times
you weren't kidding about the lack of open units!
Do not roll into town expecting to shop around for a good deal on an open unit. (I did not, luckily) You will be lucky to get on a waiting list for ANY size.

Apparently the one thing in shorter supply than jobs or housing in Bend is storage units.

I am guessing the lack of housing has people in flux, so more people are parking their stuff until they lock into permanent housing.

And then there is the uniquely Bend issue..... "Where do I put all that multi-season recreation equipment?"
Apparently rent a storage bay.
We have two kayaks that will eventually be hoisted into storage on the garage ceiling between uses. I entertained the thought of renting a bay for them. ...guess not.

Also, this means we will have to be more careful about timing our house sale and moving the renters of our Bend house out earlier, so we have a place to put stuff during transition.

Now if you want to start a business in Bend, self-storage place seems to be a guarantee for success.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:56 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,237,863 times
The shortage of storage units no doubt has to do with factors unique to Bend -

Vacation homes and timeshares - people storing their stuff when they're not actually here.
Extremely Low rental vacancy rate - people storing their stuff waiting for a unit to open up while they rent a room or something.
People storing seasonal vehicles or equipment like RVs, snowmobiles, mountain bikes, etc...

A new storage unit business would definitely do well for the enterprising businessperson, although the land to put it on would be expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend