Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2021, 08:02 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have, or know anyone who has, or has seen any, fruit trees growing successfully in La Pine?

If so, what sort of fruit is it?

I was always told that fruit can't be grown in Central Oregon, but I grew all sorts of fruit in Crooked River Ranch. I know that apples do just fine in Bend and I know people in Bend who are growing peaches and grapes.

La Pine is colder and more snow. I'd like to know what fruit can be grown there with success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 02:25 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,774,574 times
Could ask this woman, who has grown fruit trees in LaPine and is in the garden business, though now in Prineville.
About – L & S Farm and Garden She has written a book on Cold Weather gardening.

Also there is this article with some links at the end.
https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/ec1622
Ag extension should know or know who knows and exists to be asked.

Also saw this real estate ad for house "with fruit trees" in La Pine.
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ith_fruittrees
in case you might be interested in property or just want to inquire about the tree type / care / success (if they'd oblige with such conversation). Despite the headline, the pictures don't twilight fruit trees. May not be many.

Last edited by NW Crow; 04-23-2021 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend