Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 7,627 times

Advertisements

Thanks ND Sooner, speaking of that, can you get the games somehow through directTV or another provider?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 02:47 PM

10 posts, read 19,043 times
Yeah, most games. OU has been on ABC almost every game this year so if you have directTV and get the ESPN 360 package I am pretty sure you will get all of the games. I use the local cable provider (Bend Broadband). If they don't broadcast the OU game on national television we usually end up watching the game online. Your/our other option is a local bar who has all of the games on (Sidelines). Kind of a dump but they have the game on...

Old 11-24-2009, 03:27 PM

7 posts, read 27,055 times
Default Response To Bend relocation

I have read the posts in response to your questions and wanted to corroborate with some of the other posts. My husband and I moved to Bend about seven years ago and still enjoy it here.

The first thing I want to address is the education in Bend. We have two children in the schools and have had nothing but pleasant experiences. There are some that are a little more desireable than others, but they are all good. The teachers here care about their students and each year my children are sad to leave their last year class. They always wind up liking their new teacher as well, but says a lot when they build a positive relationship with the teachers.

Outdoor recreation is wonderful here: Shevlin Park for a real close-in walk, Mt. Bachelor of course, the high mtn. lakes, etc. The best part is it is all so close at hand!

You can be from anywhere and fit in. I sold real estate for four years and I met all kinds of nice people from everywhere.

Crime is not anything of major concern. I have lived in both small towns and big cities and Bend ranks at the top in my opinion. It is really too small to have a ghetto type of area.

As far as the housing market here, Bend went through an extreme influx in population and is now just trying to right itself. Sure there are some vacated properties, but the town is still a progressive place with a lot of people that like their culture and love of the outdoors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend