Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:40 AM

81 posts, read 208,775 times

Advertisements

Dont sell any guns, handguns are only restricted by magazine capacity, so trade out your standard capacity mags for neutered 10 rounders. As long as you dont have AR, AK or similar pistols that fall under Hawaii's silly definition of "assault pistol" then you are good to go. You can buy ammo in bulk fairly cheap from OGC Tactical in Honolulu and the owner will work with you on shipping outer island, or you can stuff your bags whenever you visit. Ive seen more high dollar modern semi auto rifles on the line at Kokohead range than Ive seen in any other state, while you are limited by some ****ty transportation laws there Hawaii isnt a bad place to own guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 02:29 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,441,535 times
thanks for the info about the place in Honolulu that sells ammo ..i do have 22 l.r. upper slide kit for praticeing with or useing as a small game hunting pistol set up with a mirco dot attached to the slide for hunting ..

the air pistol is more basic pratice in the back yard type of set up to keep the hand and eye sharp between range trips ..

Old 01-07-2011, 02:42 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,419,952 times
I've also heard that Sports Authority in Kona has the best ammo prices on the Big Island, but I haven't had the chance to check that out.

But I did just hear that there's a Cowboy Action Shooting group near Waimea. If so, that will be music to my ears. And those guys usually have the straight scoop on ammo and reloading supplies.

The big issue is that all ammo and explosive components have Hazmat fees added to shipping costs. Zane at Z-Sports in Hilo says that's why he's cut his ammo inventory to a minimum.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:06 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,441,535 times
thanks again for the info on the ammo and iam going to bring my new 10 meter walther lg300 air pistol also for great way to pratice ..i been looking for to shoot air riles in international 10 meter air rifle at?.. do you know of a place that does the olympic style shooting

also want about the socalled m4 style of carbine set up with 30.rd magazine or a Ak 47 style rifle with a 30 rd magazine for them are they legal ..that was the one area i could not figure out if they where legal or not legal ..

Old 01-07-2011, 10:22 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,419,952 times
The assault weapon rifle ban has expired, so all that is prohibited are fully automatic rifles, or ones that can easily be converted to full auto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island