Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:06 PM

281 posts, read 256,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
What do you mean? You proved my point. The permits are only there to raise money. Then they send in people to tell a person how to live.
To pay to review the plans and to make sure it meets code, as is built properly. Sheesh, how fine an edge you want to put on it. The overall purpose is to make sure that all meets code and other relevant rules. Money is used to effect that result. It is not like the money is going into the general fund.

PS You lose - twice.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:12 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Angel View Post
To pay to review the plans and to make sure it meets code, as is built properly. Sheesh, how fine an edge you want to put on it. The overall purpose is to make sure that all meets code and other relevant rules. Money is used to effect that result. It is not like the money is going into the general fund.

PS You lose - twice.
The permits are there to raise revenue to pay for government. It's really pretty obvious to me, and you haven't "won" twice (nor is this a contest that I'm aware of).

Old 01-23-2012, 06:18 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
... If you are 100% disabled, how can you build anything? Are you using the Jedi Force??
Your question demonstrates a lack of understanding of the world of the disabled. The disabled are capable of remarkable accomplishments. My wife was born profoundly Deaf ... she also holds a Master's degree in performing arts and teaches college, though her ability to speak is so limited she uses only interpreters and writing.

I have volunteered to serve and work with many disabled for many many years as well as living with certain limitations. As I said, if you met me on the street you would find me very ordinary and healthy-looking in appearance. I am not missing any limbs, nor do I use a red-tipped cane. I am actually still fairly muscular, as well. Ever notice how some wheelchair athletes have outstanding arm muscles? Can you tell a Deaf person by sight? Would you know if one of my arms had limited motor control -- or whether I can hear what you speak -- or whether I can control food in my mouth? There are many disabilities caused by head trauma including paralyzing seizures -- can you "see" those in a person? Do you know what 'dystonic tremor and seizure' are? These are sometimes congenital brain disorders but can also be caused by concussive brain injury. Have you any idea what it would be like to live with those? Hint: people with dystonia can do many things when they aren't having seizures. And, quick as you have been to deprecate others, I wonder what you would say about people who have suffered gross trauma and have mental limitations as a result as well, such as extreme panic disorders and PTSD?

Yeah. I got the Jedi Force thing working. I learned it holding body parts in Vietnam.

Quote:
I have traveled, as far east as the UK and as far west as Hawaii, and in California, Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, South Carolina and Missouri (residences) and a whole lot more "passing through".
Yeah, I been to the "Far East" too ... Uncle Sam paid my way. And I'd been in 43 states by the time I was 15, too ... lived in nine ... now have visited all of them and almost all of Canada and more and more ... doesn't mean you've "seen" it ... you don't sound as if you have.

Quote:
i wouldn't say closed minded, but I don't want any more dead-enders living like transients in Hawaii.
Yeah, wouldn't want dirty people interfering with your privileged life of illumination.

Quote:
One thing I do love is the sparring here on CD. Vent frustration. You've stood up well, and in good cheer, so i salute you.
I'm actually a very funny, good-natured guy But what I do best is: "stand up".

Last edited by nullgeo; 01-23-2012 at 06:27 PM..

Old 01-24-2012, 06:38 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,284 times
Mod note: This thread has has run it's course.
7th
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: