Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,907 times

Advertisements

I am brand spanking new to this site so if i have skipped sum over sum rules or steps plz forgive. I have only but the best intentions and I gotta feel theres other folks around the world in a similar situation to mine. Now b4 everybody gets upset with me for asking "stupid" or already answered questions i was always told the stupid question is the one you dont ask even if it has been answered previoiusly. I live in between Memphis and Nashville, Tn so obvoiusly ive been around decent size cities before. My uncle lived for three years as a nurse for some type of travel nursing group in Maui. I am 24 have a little better than average job skills such as plenty of agriculture and day laboring type stuff as well as retail store, cashiering, hospitality and hotels, etc. I am pretty much living couch to couch and I hate TN and i am sick of the people I have always been around. I have no family or anybody to help me really for anything in any type of way. I just got broken up with after a year and a half and an engagement and to be honest I have been very sick of Tn but now with me losing the love of my life I am even more sick and I gotta tell you if it comes down to living on the streets of Jackson, Tn or the beaches of the BIg Island, Hawaii??? Obvious choice…. now I have no money, no connections in Hawaii, no nothing really other than the essentials; you kno clothes and hygiene and food at the moment anyways. I am hoping to save up enough money for a tent sleeping bag mabey a few other essentials and a one way ticket to hawaii and just live on the beach until I can secure a job and mabey once I score a job one the income is rolling in get a place to actually live in. Am I past insanity and need to be committed immediately? lol or is this possible…. I mean as I said most things i can think of that will you will respond with are your crazy you have no money, no job prospects, and you expect to live on the beach and eat fish?!?! r u nuts?? and the truth is yeah I am a little bit. But the alternative to goin to Hawaii is living in the woods somehwere in Tn. WHAT WD U PICK?? I really am barely hanging on since the break up and I have been dreaming of moving to hawaii ever since i used to visit my uncle in Maui. Now, I am tougher than most I am not materialistic and really all I need is food and a place to lay my head and i would like to hear some cool tunes and be around some cool interesting people. I have been thru sum really hard really crazy situations in my only 24 years of living. And its crazy what I can endure. My mom always used to say, "you could be a Navy Seal because nothing bothers you it doesnt matter if you are asleep on dirt in the rain you can endure it!" Now i realize i will get sum negative reactios but I really really need some good advice and info bc I am seriously thinking about doing this and it wont take much money to get what all i need and the ticket and im there. PLZZ HELP ME~

Last edited by TennesseeJo; 03-15-2013 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: I needed to add one thing

Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,908,567 times
I can't think of a single reason to not make that journey. The Big Island will be a perfect destination for you. Since you'll be homeless, check out a local library and update us on your adventure.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:27 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,052,479 times
Before anyone responds, think of this.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:40 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,810,823 times
Or maybe this.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:32 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeJo View Post
I am brand spanking new to this site so if i have skipped sum over sum rules or steps plz forgive. I have only but the best intentions and I gotta feel theres other folks around the world in a similar situation to mine. Now b4 everybody gets upset with me for asking "stupid" or already answered questions i was always told the stupid question is the one you dont ask even if it has been answered previoiusly. I live in between Memphis and Nashville, Tn so obvoiusly ive been around decent size cities before. My uncle lived for three years as a nurse for some type of travel nursing group in Maui. I am 24 have a little better than average job skills such as plenty of agriculture and day laboring type stuff as well as retail store, cashiering, hospitality and hotels, etc. I am pretty much living couch to couch and I hate TN and i am sick of the people I have always been around. I have no family or anybody to help me really for anything in any type of way. I just got broken up with after a year and a half and an engagement and to be honest I have been very sick of Tn but now with me losing the love of my life I am even more sick and I gotta tell you if it comes down to living on the streets of Jackson, Tn or the beaches of the BIg Island, Hawaii??? Obvious choice…. now I have no money, no connections in Hawaii, no nothing really other than the essentials; you kno clothes and hygiene and food at the moment anyways. I am hoping to save up enough money for a tent sleeping bag mabey a few other essentials and a one way ticket to hawaii and just live on the beach until I can secure a job and mabey once I score a job one the income is rolling in get a place to actually live in. Am I past insanity and need to be committed immediately? lol or is this possible…. I mean as I said most things i can think of that will you will respond with are your crazy you have no money, no job prospects, and you expect to live on the beach and eat fish?!?! r u nuts?? and the truth is yeah I am a little bit. But the alternative to goin to Hawaii is living in the woods somehwere in Tn. WHAT WD U PICK?? I really am barely hanging on since the break up and I have been dreaming of moving to hawaii ever since i used to visit my uncle in Maui. Now, I am tougher than most I am not materialistic and really all I need is food and a place to lay my head and i would like to hear some cool tunes and be around some cool interesting people. I have been thru sum really hard really crazy situations in my only 24 years of living. And its crazy what I can endure. My mom always used to say, "you could be a Navy Seal because nothing bothers you it doesnt matter if you are asleep on dirt in the rain you can endure it!" Now i realize i will get sum negative reactios but I really really need some good advice and info bc I am seriously thinking about doing this and it wont take much money to get what all i need and the ticket and im there. PLZZ HELP ME~
Welcome to the Big Island sista! Uncle Jay is your ohana in Maui?
Come on over Tennjo, and bring yo chidrens! The schools are fine, and we got yo back!
For more information, be sure to rooooooot around in those archives! Cough! Cough! Bring that "tent sleeping bag" cuz it's cold here. Mabey a Duraflame or two.
Gazundheit

Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I can't think of a single reason to not make that journey. The Big Island will be a perfect destination for you. Since you'll be homeless, check out a local library and update us on your adventure.
Once again, I'm dyin here!!! aaaahahahahaaahaaaaa!!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 PM

48,520 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Closing this thread unless someone convinces me differently.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-15-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Fun threads are good consensus builders. This forum could REALLY use some fun. What's the rush? It's certainly not hurting anyone! The same old "go to the archives" line drives all newcomers away!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,052,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You'll get a lot of practice closing similar threads around here...it's some bored person's idea of fun.

Oh looky there...it isn't actually closed.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:01 AM

575 posts, read 1,198,639 times
Default You guys are funny!

I love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island