Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:25 AM

50 posts, read 204,362 times

Advertisements

A super site, Cynthia! This would be ideal for volcanic soils extracted on-site, and one could save beaucoup bucks whether doing the grunt work or getting others to help, including a local contractor. Almost certainly one could easily obtain building permits for such a structure and also incorporate solar panels, water systems/utilities and individual whims into the design. Eminently worthy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 07:59 AM

115 posts, read 471,476 times
We are counting down to our next visit "52 days and counting" I am really counting now as I have been up in the mountains building a new house in the snow and when completed is going on the market as we are looking at the same area. My wife and I will be looking at the Puna area and will count on Cynthia for the rest.

Leilaniguy has been very informitive about the areas and have given us great tips on what to look for and where to look. It will be a whirlwind trip but I am in the process of rapping up everything here in Arizona like the new house and selling our business.

We have a Daughter that we are trying to get her to go to the University of Hawaii in Hilo. My son is in the Airforce and trying to get stationed in Hawaii.

I hope we both find what we are looking for so good luck with your search.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:08 AM

50 posts, read 204,362 times
Default Mahalo, Jimbo.

I hear joy in your words; may your family be blessed abundantly in your new Garden. I feel that you, perhaps as I do, are distressed with all of the noise, haste, and worshipping of the Golden Calf which we see here on the Mainland.
I am so very weary of Winter's dark, rainy, and icy weather and just don't want spend what time I may have remaining in this lifetime stuck in a house that has such an inflated mortgage while I watch developers ravage the nearby pristine Chuckanut Ridge to install hundreds of McMansions, and then jack up our taxes to pay for infrastructure, (no doubt), and jam the roads with Hummers filled with soccer moms jabbering on cell-phones whilst sipping mocha lattes.
Maybe if I dream it, visualize it with abiding faith and hope, our escape will manifest itself and allow us to have our adult kids join us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island