Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 01:50 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,904,348 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the BI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 08:24 PM

97 posts, read 138,966 times
Thank you!!!

Old 01-02-2017, 10:23 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
E Komo Mai! And I'll be talking to Kahili in a few weeks - I'll ask about your experience. She would want to know.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:57 AM

3 posts, read 2,798 times
Hawaii Life is a real estate brokerage with a presence on all 4 of the main islands. They also have a TV show called Hawaii Life. I believe it's on HGTV. If you have cable, you can watch the shows recorded on Demand. They are up to Season 8. It gives you a real perspective as they take buyers to 3-4 homes that have most of their needs/wants. They tour each of the homes and at the end - the buyer(s) decide on which home to purchase and there is a quick update showing them living in their new home and what they love about living where they do. Their website, with listings, are located at http://www.HawaiiLife.com.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:14 AM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeparkcpl View Post
Hawaii Life is a real estate brokerage with a presence on all 4 of the main islands. They also have a TV show called Hawaii Life. I believe it's on HGTV. If you have cable, you can watch the shows recorded on Demand. They are up to Season 8. It gives you a real perspective as they take buyers to 3-4 homes that have most of their needs/wants. They tour each of the homes and at the end - the buyer(s) decide on which home to purchase and there is a quick update showing them living in their new home and what they love about living where they do. Their website, with listings, are located at http://www.HawaiiLife.com.
This certainly looks like an advertisement to me, which is in violation of the Terms of Service.

The (non)reality show you refer to is no different than all of the other fake real estate shopping shows House Hunters, House Hunters International, Island Life, Caribbean Life, etc. etc. etc. I have to laugh when you say that the show Hawaii Life "gives you a real perspective" because it shows pictures of an erupting volcano when they are on Oahu and pictures of Diamond Head when they are on Maui.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:43 PM

268 posts, read 383,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
This certainly looks like an advertisement to me, which is in violation of the Terms of Service.

The (non)reality show you refer to is no different than all of the other fake real estate shopping shows House Hunters, House Hunters International, Island Life, Caribbean Life, etc. etc. etc. I have to laugh when you say that the show Hawaii Life "gives you a real perspective" because it shows pictures of an erupting volcano when they are on Oahu and pictures of Diamond Head when they are on Maui.
It's not limited to those "reality" shows. How about these properties. Where was this beach in Puna on Leilani Blvd when I was there?

Attached Thumbnails
Looking for Hilo/Puna Realtor-img_7924.jpg  

Old 01-14-2017, 10:34 AM

4,412 posts, read 4,904,348 times
LOL, Green Sand Beach isn't even in Puna. I guess a photo of "KAPU" spelled out in pig bones in front of fence/gate covered in tarps isn't the 'reality show' that brings the dollars in?

Old 01-16-2017, 06:55 PM

27 posts, read 41,279 times
Do these recommendations tend to also cover the Ka'u area? I have called a couple of realtors over the last few weeks that seem to live and cover the Ka'u area, but they have not returned my calls. I will certainly reach out to one or two on this post if there is not a suggestion that is in the local area.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:00 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-HI Travelin View Post
Do these recommendations tend to also cover the Ka'u area? I have called a couple of realtors over the last few weeks that seem to live and cover the Ka'u area, but they have not returned my calls. I will certainly reach out to one or two on this post if there is not a suggestion that is in the local area.
Robyn Baglow with The Land Office has lived in the Ka'u area for many years and knows all the ins and outs. She was our realtor when we bought our land in 2003.

Also, Bob Stock, Hawaii Land and Homes, lives in Discovery Harbour. He's a good hard worker.

Hopefully one of them will return your call.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:17 PM

3 posts, read 2,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post

I am not advertising and have no affiliation with the television show or in any other manner. I was merely trying to assist the OP in their quest for a Realtor. The clips they show in the beginning of the show do not seem to me to necessarily be part of that specific episode itself as the beginning clips are the same on all episodes I've watched. Those clips just show some the wide variety, climates, flora/fauna, and acts mother nature/Hawaiian Gods that are available to see and hear throughout the Hawaiian islands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island