Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 12:28 PM

451 posts, read 411,511 times

Advertisements

Hotcatz and other BI residents certainly know better, but I remember the Manago is located over in Captain Cook which is a bit of a hike from the Kona airport. I haven't stayed there for a number of years however their restaurant use to serve up a plate of absolutely perfect pork chops. I like the place. Quiet, nice, family run spot. Hawaiiana to the core I recall, which seems to be getting harder to find these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 10:12 PM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Family on the mainland is one of the major reasons why folks go to the mainland for a time.

I hope you're able to comfort her during this hard time, family is important.

Living in a tent and working coffee are quite different than many folks' experience of Hawaii, will you do things differently next time you live here?

Old 02-28-2017, 10:17 PM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
Hotcatz and other BI residents certainly know better, but I remember the Manago is located over in Captain Cook which is a bit of a hike from the Kona airport. I haven't stayed there for a number of years however their restaurant use to serve up a plate of absolutely perfect pork chops. I like the place. Quiet, nice, family run spot. Hawaiiana to the core I recall, which seems to be getting harder to find these days.
Yup, a bit of a hike from the Kailau-Kona airport AND they are still serving up perfect pork chops. When ever we're over in that area, we always hope to be able to work in lunch at the Manago. I think it's the oldest restaurant on the island. Very Hawaiiana to the core, not mainland Hawaii, but old school kine. A real reasonable rate for their rooms, too, but not exactly an upscale hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island