U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 04:42 PM

186 posts, read 293,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahmalla View Post
So I'm thinking Leilani for you, but they are only 1 acre lots and you would most likely have neighbors very near or next to you. And plenty of white folks there who have basically taken over that subdivision. As far as Volcano goes , just in the last week on Big Island Thieves, a lot of homes were burglarized and I believe it was all in the same day, same neighborhood. Really I don't think this is da place for you. You kinda sound like a conservative person and we don't need people like that here. This is a more laid back place.
I'm not sure if you have the self-awareness with which to realize this, but you sound pretty racist. Maybe more so than a white conservative from Montana. And the phrase "laid back" doesn't seem to apply to you, as you indicate that you don't need more people like me, even though you have no idea what my political beliefs are. Wow.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2020, 07:22 PM

112 posts, read 78,405 times
Default Yep...called it right.

Yep...you called it right. They are definitely showing their racist views. Kinda hard to miss when they say start it by calling out skin color and a political "type". Funny, they don't realize that a "conservative" typically is "laid-back" and not interested in a bunch of malarky.

A walking, talking indictment against the Poly Sci class that they probably never took to begin with.

"Don't bring your racism here...we've got our own racism that we prefer!"

Fortunately for all of us he/she hasn't been posting in a few years.

Old 09-12-2020, 10:03 PM

186 posts, read 293,968 times
People like that, in my opinion, are just losers in general. I have probably met and run background checks on 10,000 people. Not even exaggerating, as it is in my line of work. I find that the most hateful, angry, prejudiced people come from a very ignorant background. They let the problems pile up in their life until they can't cope anymore, and devolve into drugs, and depression. They will lash out at ANYONE, not just some outsider trying to find a place for their family to live. I see it as more of a cry for help than an actual criticism. It comes from their surroundings. The horde of garbage around them, their family who reinforces their prejudiced beliefs, and a lack of general education. Perhaps they have never left the comfort of their small town... ever? Who knows! The best thing I have found is to keep these people far away from your life. I believe that everyone you meet rubs off on you, and so the last thing we need right now is someone so filled with pessimism and anger.

And wow, I can only imagine if I took that user's advice! Might have been a lava vent opening up in my living room. I have been looking for a property in Hawaii for 3 years now, and building up the funds with which to buy a perfect property for my family. I work hard, play harder, and do better for myself and my family. It is a shame others are not capable of this. I don't even know how to help those people.

Old 09-12-2020, 11:27 PM

112 posts, read 78,405 times
Default Well said...

Folks who are jealous, envious or whatever because their world or life or successes are so small that they must hate and despise others to be able to live with themselves.

Old 09-13-2020, 12:25 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,410,606 times
Mountain View.
Such lovely climate and many mature trees, the 2 acre lots in Fern Acres provide a bit of personal space in which to fence in.
Yet another murder in Fern Acres-- It's too bad, alot of people built their retirement home or first home in those subdivisions.
Gunshots ring out several times a week throughout Fern Acres and Fern Forest.

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com...olice-custody/

Old 09-13-2020, 10:18 AM

9,146 posts, read 5,734,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
...Gunshots ring out several times a week throughout Fern Acres and Fern Forest...
Shooting at pigs, not pot shots at the neighbors.

Old 09-13-2020, 09:01 PM

3,783 posts, read 3,891,578 times
Pigs and livestock. We caught 12.5 pigs at once in a trap this summer and I double tapped a few of them to ensure quick humane death. I can only imagine if some anti 2A nutjob thought there was some kind of "shoot out" on our farm.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:58 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,410,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Shooting at pigs, not pot shots at the neighbors.
I certainly hope so, lol.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:06 AM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
951 posts, read 955,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
Pigs and livestock.
Quote:
We caught 12.5 pigs
at once in a trap this summer and I double tapped a few of them to ensure quick humane death. I can only imagine if some anti 2A nutjob thought there was some kind of "shoot out" on our farm.
How does one catch half a pig?

Old 09-15-2020, 01:42 AM

5,604 posts, read 3,777,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
How does one catch half a pig?
And which end did they catch???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island